cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Awesome job!! Congrats! Hopefully soon I will also be in the 700 club!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 731 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just posting to see if my signature w/scores shows up.  Love the FICO Forums! Smiley Very Happy

Message 732 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone! Just found this site and I am excited to get started. My goals for the rest of this year are to pay off past due balances, start saving and live within my means while accumulating savings.

Message 733 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

New member here, but have been lurking for a few weeks now.  This site is fantastic and has renewed my quest to finish what I started 2 years ago, fixing what I broke (lol).  My goals for this year are to try and get rid of all the baddies on my reports.  A few lates, a few CO's and a few CA's. Thanks to this site and all the wonderful people here, I am finally confident that I can do just that.  

Here's to future success for all of us.

Message 734 of 1,050
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Updating my post from 1/10/12-

@-Cain- wrote:
Hi all,

In 2011 I...
-opened a BofA secured card in April (1st card in about 10 years)
-applied for and was denied for a BofA AAA Visa Sig and an AmEx Zync in May
-had an AU CO removed from EQ and TU, loss of TL made me lose TU score for a few months
-was approved for a Household Bank Platinum 2%Rewards MC in July
-had a successful PFD with RJM
-was approved for a Discover More card in August
-once again had a TU score for October
-applied for and was denied for an AmEx Zync in Oct ~didn't get my birthday gift : (
-was approved for an AmEx Green and denied for Costco TE in December ~did get my Xmas gift : )

2012 will be about...
-continuing to raise my scores (I'm at 741 on EQ, would like EX and TU to catch up!)-EX is inching up, TU is moving at a faster pace
-letting AAoA increase-added a Macy's card that I probably should not have, hopefully backdated Costco TE negated that drop in AAoA
-having BofA unsecure in April (hopefully before that even)-unsecured in April, 1 wk. early, PC to 123 rewards,CL doubled to $1k
-getting CLI on Discover More, deciding what to do with HSBC-Discover CLI to $1500, HSBC sold to Cap One(card still unsure of future)
-adding my AmEx revolver (either BCE, BCP, or Costco TE) & getting some backdate luv-Costco TE obtained! Backdate is GTG!

Let's see how it goes.
Message 735 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

800000000000000000         club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!

O' man I 'm so excited, last night when I got back to my hole (I'm in Afghanistan) I had a Fico update so I tried to log on and after like 20 minutes finally connected and 802!!!!!!  

Thank you to everyone on this forum that has helped me out for the past few years you have been great and I plan on paying it back as much as possible to educate everyone I know about having good credit!!

Message 736 of 1,050
DougSmith81
Established Member

Hello, I am new to the forum. 

I am 30 years old. My credit problems began in 2004 when I was approved for a mortgage. This was my first ever line of credit. I had no idea what I was getting into. My company closed and I lost my job in 2005 and ended up foreclosing on my house. I met my wife shortly before this and being young and stupid we trashed her credit by maxing everything out and getting behind. Fast forward to 2011 - Work is going good, and I am able to convince my credit union to finance two autos. Things are finally starting to get better. The Original Mortgage has fallen off my credit as of April 2012, and the Deficiency is scheduled to fall off May of 2013. 

2012 - I have paid in full a First Premier credit card that was charged off, I have also paid every outstanding bill that had not yet been reported. I opened a $300 secured card at Fifth Third bank in May of 2012. 

I have learned a lot about credit, and am actually against using it for most purchases. I refuse to pay any more interest than I have to (Cars, Mortgage, etc.) I am on the road to have excellent credit, and keeping it.

My short term goal is to fix the little bit that still lingers on my credit and obtain a mortgage in the Spring of 2013.

My long term goal is have the best credit possible with open credit lines that I don't need and would rarely use. I want the low rates that I always see advertised, but can't come close to getting...

Starting Score: TU 594
Current Score: TU 639
1st Goal Score: TU 650 by end of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 737 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck and welcome to the forum your going to learn a lot so start reading!!

Message 738 of 1,050
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Let me start off by telling me story Smiley Happy

I moved to Europe 10 years ago and moved back to the states in late 2010.

In February of 2011 I got my first secured cc from Cap One with $500.

In March of 2011 I got a CareCredit card with a $5,500 limit to get Lasik done and got a Bestbuy card HSBC with a $1,000 limit.

3 months later I applied to the Cap One rewards and received a $750 limit.

3 months after that I applied for chase united (continental at the time) and received a $5,000 limit Smiley Happy

3 months went buy and I received a Chase Sapphire Preferred with a $5,000 limit Smiley Happy

1 month after I bought a house (no mortgage, cheap house Smiley Tongue) and applied for a Rooms to go card with a $5,500 limit.

In March I applied for Amazon credit and received a limit of $1,300.

In April I purchased my first car with an APR of 2.99% for 72 months with my credit union.

Last month I got my AMEX Zync (which backdated to 1998 when I was an authorized user) and a Citibank Thank You card with a $5,300 limit.

Just yesterday I decided to get an AMEX BCE and was approved (don't know my limit yet!).

As you can see, I have a lot of activity and now I am done lol. I have never missed a payment and always pay in full.

My scores are listed below and hopefully by the end of the year I will be at my goal, is it a reasonable goal?

Message 739 of 1,050
avncwo

Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum and about 6 months behind the power curve of this challenge but I'm über excited to begin this challenge. My current situation: Dismal. I have had many years of foolishness to ruin my credit. Bad decisions and selfishness landed me here. I make a pretty good salary so, until recently, I had not been denied anything other than CCs. But my rates are ridiculous! I currently have 4 credit cards, two of which are sub-prime. I hate them but they are my oldest cards. As a new mom, I'm ready to break the bad credit generational curse of my family. Today I lose the excuses. I want the peace of mind that comes with a great score. My short term goals: -no inquiries -pay off my 2 charge offs -refinance my car (I needed a co-signer! Oh the horror! Thanks Dad) -work toward my 6 month emergency fund My long term goals: -Platinum Amex (airport lounge fees are killing me) -12 month emergency fund Thanks for reading!

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 593
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 740 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.