cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
bethany
Valued Member

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

update:

woo hoo!!!

"

Your FICO® score has gone up to 543 on August 4, 2012

Starting Score 2012: 484 Starting Score 2013: 566 Starting Score 2014: 650
Current Score: 660
Goal Score #1: 660 - achieved! 6/28/14

Goal Score #2: 680
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 821 of 1,050
TJtheDJ

Hey all..

I'm new here and decided to try to the Fitness challenge. My current score is 612 (WAYYY higher than expected) and my goal is 700 within 12-16 months. I currently have one secured card and plan on opening an installment loan within the next 2-3 months.

I've made some huge mistakes in the past, and I hope to get my crap together so that I can finally get a nice condo or co-op.

Thanks for reading!
TJ

hr>Starting Score: 600
Current Score: Transunion: 715 (pulled 3/2013)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 822 of 1,050
Charla
Established Member

I'm hoping to get to above 700. My goal is to lower my debt ratio to under 30% and to not have anymore late payments. My last late was Nov 2011 and it really hurt my credit. I also have 2 paid collections line items that I'm trying to get removed. I hope to check back here next year and have this goal accomplished.

Starting Score: EQ 619 TU 651
Current Score: EQ 681 to 700! TU 704 to 758!!
Goal Score: 720

Message 823 of 1,050
dcal
Valued Member

Hi, all Fico fitness challengers, I have a question for anyone care to answer or respond back on subject. I have one last delinquency on a HSBC credit card opened in 2007 that is now closed. But with a "settled for less than full amount" listed under accounts. It has a red flag (but says "paid as agreed", and under worst delinquency it says zero lates for the 30, 60, 90 days. But it is still listed as one delinquency. As you all know Capitol one own all the HSBC and Orchard and other accounts for months now. It does not say anything about Capital one under the accounts it still list the contact info as the address of Carol Stream IL 60197. But I also have a Capital one credit card account and the HSBC account is listed in there, but I can't access because it is a closed and settled account. I want to know if I need to address my Goodwill letter that I am preparing to ask for a deletion. I see no reason to wait until 2014 for it to be 7 years until it drop off. I am on the cusp of reaching 700 on my Equifax. I have already reached 716 on my TransUnion Fico. Experian I do not know, maybe it is closer to my Equifax since the History and AAOA is the same. My TU has the least history and AAOA but it is the highest. I have a BK7 that is 9 years. Only the Equifax has 2 BK's a dismissed CH 13 that drop in Mar 2013. I really think my EX and TU should be the highest. But whatever, I am determined to reach 700 at least on Equifax and TU will only go higher. I had a mortgage pull in November of 2011 by a top new home builder in California and they do use TransUnion for preapprovals and approvals. They make use of all three credit bureaus. You cannot count on them using a particular one. So I need for all three to be in the 700 vicinity. My question is should I write Capital One executive office asking for a goodwill deletion.

Any feedback will greatly be appreciated.

DCAL

Starting Score: TU 572,EX-578,EQ-539 1-1-2014
Current Score: TU98-591, EQ-582, EX-595 (1-17-2014)
Goal Score= EQ- 760, TU- 760 EX- 760
Goal Score: 750

Message 824 of 1,050
jamie123
Valued Contributor

dcal,

You need to start NEW threads when asking these types of questions. This should be posted in the CREDIT REBUILDING FORUM and not here.

Yes, do everything you can possibly do to get your baddies removed from your report. It might take many goodwill letters before they remove bad information. Don't take no for an answer!

You also posted a question concerning additional credit cards inside of another thead that I will answer here.

I agree with you, you need two more credit cards as soon as possible. Your problem is that you only have one card at the moment so PRIME banks won't lend you credit at the moment. Prime banks want you to demonstrate good credit behavior for at least 1 year with MULTIPLE credit cards.

I would suggest applying for the following cards today:

A Walmart card. You will get a free TU FICO score every month.

Another Capital One card. You already have history with them so you should be approved.

After you have these cards for at least six months you can start thinking about getting some prime bank cards.

Send me a Private Message if you have any questions. I can't follow you very easily because you didn't ask this question in its own thread.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 825 of 1,050
bossgyal20

Hi everyone, im new to this form and looking for support in rebuilding my credit. I currently have ex 573, eq 576, trans 606. I have already acquired an angel card of 200, a secured space coast card of 450, a walmart card of 400, and a 250 secured capital one card. I wish to improve my score by making consistent payments and DISPUTING SOME INFORMATION!

Starting Score: Ex-573,Eq-576Trans-606 8/8/12
Current Score: Ex-573,Eq-576,Trans-606
Goal Score: 700 all around

Message 826 of 1,050
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@bossgyal20 wrote:

Hi everyone, im new to this form and looking for support in rebuilding my credit. I currently have ex 573, eq 576, trans 606. I have already acquired an angel card of 200, a secured space coast card of 450, a walmart card of 400, and a 250 secured capital one card. I wish to improve my score by making consistent payments and DISPUTING SOME INFORMATION!

First, my recommendation would be to subscribe to a few services:

1 & 2 - would be SW and TU Quarterly monitoring found within this link http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

3 - would be USAA CMS found here https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main so that when you get SW alerts, you can then log-in to USAA CMS and pull all 3 reports for free to find out what exactly changed.

I have all 3 and couldn't be happier with either of them!

Where did you get your scores from?  They are likely FAKO scores and not true FICO scores, as you can no longer purchase a score from Experian.

Also, w/ your walmart card, did you enroll into paperless billing, so that you can see your TU FICO score monthly?  It just came out for August the other day.  I would go into the rebuilding sub-forum, and give us a run down of your credit files, so that we can better assist you with GWs, PFDs, or some other info.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 827 of 1,050
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

IM NEW TO THIS MYFICO HOW DO I GET THE FICO FITNESS CHALLENGE???

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 828 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found this site and already got tons of useful info. My creditkarma score was 680 haven't got my fico but I am post bk discharged in Feb. 12. I Have already been approved for a car loan at  5.6 with Audi financial. I have a cap one card 2k limit and orchard bank 550 limit. And I just got started. My goal is a 720 score. 

Message 829 of 1,050
DeafNatural

@Anonymous wrote:

I just found this site and already got tons of useful info. My creditkarma score was 680 haven't got my fico but I am post bk discharged in Feb. 12. I Have already been approved for a car loan at  5.6 with Audi financial. I have a cap one card 2k limit and orchard bank 550 limit. And I just got started. My goal is a 720 score. 

Wow that's amazing! How did you do it?

I am nearly 5 years out of my BK. Perfect pay history since though for some reason February on my ($32k) car loan is reporting 30dl but am working on getting that reported correctly.

Since then I was able to get a $35k car loan with Southeast Toyota finance with a 1.99% APR. I also have a Lane Bryant card $100 limit (I usually just buy something and pay it in full to keep it active), Amazon card $600 limit, and Walmart card $300 limit. I was also able to get a small New Teacher's loan from my credit union for $1000 that is paid back over 12 months. I just paid Walmart off in full but it was too late for it to report this month. The highest utilization I have is on my Hhgregg card ($1100 out of $1500) and that's because I bought a washer and dryer when I first got it but I've been paying probably 200% of the minimum each month to get it paid down before the no interest promo ends.

I think what shocks me the most is that my EQ is the lowest and there is not one negative thing on it except for the car payment issue; not even my BK shows up on it. I still don't think it should be that low though. The biggest hurdle has been clearing up identity theft I had after my BK.

My goal is at least a mid score of 700 because I am trying to build my first home in the next few months. Though I'd like it to be by the end of August since my lease is up in November I know that's a tad unreasonable. SW says the biggest thing hurting my EQ score is that my oldest account is only 9 yrs old but I would think that's great. Especially since I paid that auto loan off in a matter of months.

I know I only need a 600-620 mid score for FHA or USDA depending on who you talk to and I already have that but boy would I like to see the 700s. I don't think my score was ever there when I had spotless credit and payment history. Even when I had perfect payment history. Does anyone have any tips? Woman Very Happy

Starting Score:544 EQ/609 EX/674 TU (TU & EX Lender pull; EQ myFico.com pull)
Current Score:687 EQ/674EX/695 TU (3/25/14)
Short Term Goal Score(mortgage):700 Across the board
Long Term Goal Score:800 Across the board

Message 830 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.