ms_lee28

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi all :-)

I have decided to take on the 2012 FItness Challenge for a couple reasons. For the past year or so I have been rebuilding my credit by clearing up collection accounts and settling with a couple lenders. At this point I have become current on all accounts and expect a few of the negative accounts to start purging off CRs. This challenge is a great fit for me because right now my new focus is to establish a few good credit lines and increase my credit score. I really need to get the score up because I am expecting to be in the market for a car around the first of the year. So I guess my immediate goals are:

1. Pay off installment loan by year end (current balance of $1500)

2. PIF CC each month to establish/maintain a good payment history with new lines of credit (Capital One Rewards 500 CL and Walmart storecard 500 CL)

3. Increase score for auto loan (aiming for 720-750 range)

Starting Score: TU: 687 (MyFico, 4/15/12), TU: 659 (WalMart 8/6/12)
Current Score:TU: 679 (WalMart), EQ 676 (FICO 11/3/12) FICO
Goal Score: 775 ALL CRA's

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
fallingfico

Excited about the challenge and thoroughly enjoy reading about everyone's journey! 

I am getting ready for my first home. Started doing some credit research and my past is haunting me.  I have about 4 late pays with 3 coming of end of year (12-05).  One car loan and 380 in Discover debt (14% utilization) hopefully paid off ny end of 9-12. I am hoping to get a great home loan early next year.  No new apps for the last 5 years and hoping the next one is my mortgage loan!  I welcome this challenge!!!

Starting Score: 652 EQ/651 EX/651 TU (7-12)
Current Score: 670 EQ/662 EX/688 TU (8-15-12)
Goal Score: 720+

Valued Member
Lynnst

I recently finished a DMP in just under 4 years.  I am now focused on paying off the one revolving account I am an AU on (I'm the only one who uses it.)  My ultimate goal is to save a good amount for a mortgage down payment - I'm hoping to get there in about 2 years.  And of course, I'd like the most favorable interest rate possible.  In the meantime I would like to establish my own revolving credit account.  

BofA AAA Visa 16K, PNC Flex Visa 15.9K, BofA Cash Rewards 6K, Chase Southwest Visa 12K, Cap One Quicksilver 3K
New Visitor
tryingtofixitsoon

So I am so excited!  My current Equifax score is at 584, and my Transunion is at 614, but my experian is at 515.   So far I am doing pretty good, I would like to get into the 700 club.....

Starting Score: equifax: 518 TU: 504 Experian ??
Current Score: Equifax: 584 TU: 614 Experian: 515
Goal Score: 720

Aggielockett

Been working to repair past credit history for quite sometime now...  Have spent the last 6 years using buy here pay here lots and borrowing money using others credit... I have worked to repair mine and plan to purchase a new truck next year between march and June...  A number of my bad credit accounts will hit their 7 year mark and begin disappearing... Lately I have been approved for different types of loans ranging from personal loans to an unsecured credit card...  I now have 3 revolving accounts and 7 installment accounts...  Everything that is open is in good standing and those in the past are trying to fall off... It is my wish as time goes by the others will fall off and I will be able to establish good patterns with my currents and reach my goal of 700...

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 700

javonnj

I have decided to take the Fitness Challenge as a personal challenge to myself to get my financial health together. I am getting tired of not being able to move into the areas that I would like, because of my declining credit score. Having a roommate does not make things better, as I feel that I am the reason for why we cannot move into a nicer area that we rightfully deserve to be in. I am happy looking over everyone elses journey, and I am excited to update with the progress of my own. 

Starting Score: TU 527 EQ 549
Current Score: TU 527 EQ 549
Goal Score: TU 650 EQ 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Administrator Emeritus
Sarah

TNTransplant wrote:

Hi All,

Just thought I would check in to announce that I met my 2012 FICO Fitness Challenge - 4 months early! :smileyhappy:

Thanks to all for the knowledge to be found here.

Now it's off to the garden... 

Congrats on reaching your goal!

SavSpringer

Just checking to make sure my signature shows up correctly :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 513
Goal Score: 620+

SavSpringer

trying again....

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 513
Goal Score: 620+

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

SavSpringer wrote:

trying again....

Referring to the pic? It's fixed now.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+