cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
fallingfico

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Excited about the challenge and thoroughly enjoy reading about everyone's journey! 

I am getting ready for my first home. Started doing some credit research and my past is haunting me.  I have about 4 late pays with 3 coming of end of year (12-05).  One car loan and 380 in Discover debt (14% utilization) hopefully paid off ny end of 9-12. I am hoping to get a great home loan early next year.  No new apps for the last 5 years and hoping the next one is my mortgage loan!  I welcome this challenge!!!

Starting Score: 652 EQ/651 EX/651 TU (7-12)
Current Score: 670 EQ/662 EX/688 TU (8-15-12)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 861 of 1,050
Lynnst
Valued Member

I recently finished a DMP in just under 4 years.  I am now focused on paying off the one revolving account I am an AU on (I'm the only one who uses it.)  My ultimate goal is to save a good amount for a mortgage down payment - I'm hoping to get there in about 2 years.  And of course, I'd like the most favorable interest rate possible.  In the meantime I would like to establish my own revolving credit account.  

Message 862 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am so excited!  My current Equifax score is at 584, and my Transunion is at 614, but my experian is at 515.   So far I am doing pretty good, I would like to get into the 700 club.....

Message 863 of 1,050
Aggielockett

Been working to repair past credit history for quite sometime now...  Have spent the last 6 years using buy here pay here lots and borrowing money using others credit... I have worked to repair mine and plan to purchase a new truck next year between march and June...  A number of my bad credit accounts will hit their 7 year mark and begin disappearing... Lately I have been approved for different types of loans ranging from personal loans to an unsecured credit card...  I now have 3 revolving accounts and 7 installment accounts...  Everything that is open is in good standing and those in the past are trying to fall off... It is my wish as time goes by the others will fall off and I will be able to establish good patterns with my currents and reach my goal of 700...

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 864 of 1,050
javonnj
Valued Member

I have decided to take the Fitness Challenge as a personal challenge to myself to get my financial health together. I am getting tired of not being able to move into the areas that I would like, because of my declining credit score. Having a roommate does not make things better, as I feel that I am the reason for why we cannot move into a nicer area that we rightfully deserve to be in. I am happy looking over everyone elses journey, and I am excited to update with the progress of my own. 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 865 of 1,050
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

@TNTransplant wrote:

Hi All,

Just thought I would check in to announce that I met my 2012 FICO Fitness Challenge - 4 months early! Smiley Happy

Thanks to all for the knowledge to be found here.

Now it's off to the garden... 

Congrats on reaching your goal!

Message 866 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking to make sure my signature shows up correctly Smiley Happy

Message 867 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

trying again....

Message 868 of 1,050
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

trying again....

Referring to the pic? It's fixed now.

Message 869 of 1,050
muse24

Hello my name is Cindy and I have an abundance of credit issues that I'm desperately working to fix. I've been a victim of credit fraud, not to mention that I was laid off for almost 3 years and was behind on every bill I had. Now I'm having to start from scratch and I need to fix my credit in a hurry if I'm going to secure a home and business loan.

I've gotten rid of a lot of crap on my reports and paid down debt. I'm still paying it down. The biggest thing is I have two judgements from my old landlord. The problem is I paid my landlord before we went to court. I didn't even know I had these blemishes on my report. When I tried to contact him to have them removed I found out that the apartment complex no longer existed. It had been foreclosed on and the owner said he had no records seeing how he lost the business four years ago. Now I'm stuck trying to convince a judge to vacate the erroneous judgments so I don't have to pay them a second time.

At any rate, I am making some progress and I'm always open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Starting Score: 441
Current Score: 514
Goal Score: 680

Message 870 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.