cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

I'm tired of living in shame.  I'm tired of having my heart skip a beat every time the phone ring... missing calls from people I want to talk to because I don't recognized the number and I'm afraid it might be another collection agency.  I don't have any current open credit lines because I'm so scared of filling out the application.  I'm afraid of getting really serious with someone because I dread having to reveal that I'm a "dead beat" and that I have so much debt. 

So.... time to take control, right?  It has been really inspiring to read these posts, to see everyone's starting points and current scores. 

My goal is to raise my score to a more "respectable" 650 and pay down my debt.  I have $12,074 in debts from old collection accounts and a tax lien.  I also have $80K in student loans.  This is the first time I've admitted that to anybody.  My goal is to qualify for a home loan that is not considered subprime.  My other goal is more mundane: I want to not live in shame and fear; I don't want to have to hide my finances from my loved ones.

Message 891 of 1,050
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ellicel,

Welcome, you are amongst friends!  The missed phone calls are a familiar story.  I'm glad to see that you are tired and are ready to take the first step.  I have learned a lot from the experiences and the suggestions of our fellow rebuilders.  Do not be afraid to ask!  

Lift your head up! You are not a 'dead beat' cause now you want to take control.  I am sure there are others who will give you step by step instructions but for me I would start with gather basics.

1. Get a copy of your 3 credit bureaus- scour it for errors
  2. acknowledge the reason(s) why you are in this situation and ask yourself if you have made a change in handling your finances.  You do not indicate the reason why -that's ok but as long as you know those reasons.
  3. If you havent already done so, review the rebuilding credit forum topic, What steps do I take? Do I Dv? Pfd?

Remember, you are not alone, post often with your updates.  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 892 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming out of a foreclosure (stupid enough to "loan" my credit to my best friend...) and have some medical bills in collections.

Can anyone help me on what do I need to do to start re building my 520 score? Where do I start???

Thx!

Message 893 of 1,050
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Coming out of a foreclosure (stupid enough to "loan" my credit to my best friend...) and have some medical bills in collections.

Can anyone help me on what do I need to do to start re building my 520 score? Where do I start???

Thx!

Welcome! Be sure to check out the Rebuilding Your Credit board.

Message 894 of 1,050
yo-upacreek
Established Member

Hi everyone. This is my first challenge. I have been doing alot of reading in the past 3 weeks Several of my paid baddies have fallen off in the past 2 months but have several things to get cleared up. I hope to buy a car and a home in 2013.

I have 1 paid judgement & 1 unpaid judgement and 2 PIF Medical collection accounts still reporting, any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.

I lost everything (2 cars & 3 CC's) with a month in the mental hospital due to a stressful job ending with no medical insurance and $29,000 in hospital bills in 2005.

I have 3 CC's (1 secured) in the past 2 years.

Starting scores 595 - 619 FAKO'S

Current FICO'S from here:  TU 648         EQ 654

Goals: all  750 by 12/2013 or sooner

Message 895 of 1,050
fairclok
Contributor

Hi Barry and Everyone,

First time joining this forum.   Seems very interesting and provides a lot of support and feedback.      I'm looking forward to sharing my challenge with you guys.

My current situation.

Experian - 630

Equifax - 603

Transuntion - 630

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe withing 2 years?  is this possible?)

Up until 2009  I was young and very lazy with paying bills, etc.   I didn't understand the importance of credit.      In January of 2009, I payed off all my debt that was on my credit report as deliquent, etc.    

I kept my auto loan (which is now paid off and was never late on payments 1995-2010)

I kept my school loan, which has $10,000 left - make payments of $200 per month

I have had no credit cards, etc in the past 3 years.   I wanted to get used to living on a budget and pay my bills in real time.        

The accounts that I paid in full in 2009 are still on my credit report as closed, but listed as potentially negative, which i'm know will be there for a minimum of 7 years. 

NOW:

Its now time for me to build my credit.    

I opened a $300 credit card with Orchard Bank.   Have had it for 6 months.    Always pay on time and keep the amount I spend to around $100.    

I also have my shcool loan ($10,000), which has been current since Jan 2009.      Prior to that I was only late twice from Jan 07-Jan 09.    

Otherwise i have no other debt.  

I could really use some advice on how to build my credit in a responisble way.

Goals:

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe withing 2 years?  is this possible?)

Thanks in advance for your help.  

Keith   

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 896 of 1,050
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Ellicel,

Welcome, you are amongst friends!  The missed phone calls are a familiar story.  I'm glad to see that you are tired and are ready to take the first step.  I have learned a lot from the experiences and the suggestions of our fellow rebuilders.  Do not be afraid to ask!  

Lift your head up! You are not a 'dead beat' cause now you want to take control.  I am sure there are others who will give you step by step instructions but for me I would start with gather basics.

1. Get a copy of your 3 credit bureaus- scour it for errors
  2. acknowledge the reason(s) why you are in this situation and ask yourself if you have made a change in handling your finances.  You do not indicate the reason why -that's ok but as long as you know those reasons.
  3. If you havent already done so, review the rebuilding credit forum topic, What steps do I take? Do I Dv? Pfd?

Remember, you are not alone, post often with your updates.  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Echoing what 09Lexie sadi!  Welcome to the forums Ellicel, and congratualtions on taking an incredibly important first step. Sometimes the first step is the scariest one!

Message 897 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Testing new signature.  Beginning process of repairing credit today.   Long overdue.

Message 898 of 1,050
intherightdirection
Established Member

Hi!

I've been on the board for a couple of months now, in the Rebuilding Credit section, and am thankful for all of the sharing and tips. It's so helpful. Just  reading about other people in the same boat as me makes me feel better; knowing I'm not alone.

I decided today to join the Challenge and put myself out there- although it's almost the end of the year. My scores are below and as you'll see, I have some work to do. My credit report is a disaster and I'm so sick of having bad credit.

But, I started my rebuild process a couple of months ago and have seen results. I've disputed all of the items on my credit reports (which I learned afterwards, you are not supposed to do Smiley Sad). Several items got deleted, however. I just send DV letters and am waiting on responses.

Best of all is that now I have an action plan and it doesn't feel AS overwhelming, although there is a lot of work to do. I know for each item, what action I should take- whether it's PFD, DV, GW, etc etc ETC. Now it's one foot in front of the other...

Thanks, everyone!

Message 899 of 1,050
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just wanted to update everyone that I received my Withdrawal Notices for the 3 Federal Tax Liens today! I am so happy I could barely see straight in sending the copies off to the three bureaus.  I also opened a new card with WalMart last week with a $700 CL.  

I need to correct my earlier post- one of my small collections will fall off this month!  So, I will have the Chapter 13 on EQ and a coll acct that will fall off in Feb! Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully, my score just might get to 700 by November!  So, I will take a breather until my coll falls off this month.  :Smiley Wink

Message 900 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.