Valued Member
JGeuy

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

[ Edited ]

My advice is to be VERY proactive and diligent and to learn what makes the score go up and down. Visit the boards here often, you really learn a lot. I went from scores in the 500's in 2007/2008 and made started to make changes in 2009, mostly based on what I have learned here, so I am now flirting with the 700's. I now have a house have re established credit with MC, Visa, Capital One, Lowes and Macys. I have a new (2012) car with a decent rate. My student loans are on time, and I know how to manage everything SO much better. The best thing is, that when I experience a drop, I know why, and can correct it quickly. I also know how to avoid them and time my payments and purchases appropriately. These boards have been invaluable to me for advice and learning.

Original Starting Score:553
Current Score: TU 658 EQ 658 EX 632
Goal Score: 700
PLAN TO GARDEN FOR ALL OF 2013 !

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
cjw5258

Hi everyone,

I am taking the challenge because I am trying to purchase a car but at a lower interest rate than I was offered. 

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: 555
Goal Score: 650

Valued Member
Sorainzo

[ Edited ]

Hello. Taking the challenge to try to get my score back up to a reasonable range. I originally had a decent score, then had a student loan (multiple loans taken out with them) go delinquent and my score decreased. Trying to get it back up by the usual means of paying off credit cards, monthly loan payments, etc. I'm also looking into getting the negative marks of the loan company removed.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 659
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400
New Visitor
Drakonous

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and am trying to repair my credit so I can buy a house.

Edit: looked at what they say my score is and I wish it was that high because then I wouldn't be having the trouble I am. 800 score on me is so wrong I know I am in the upper 500s to the lower 600s

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Blogger
HiLine

Drakonous wrote:

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and am trying to repair my credit so I can buy a house.

Edit: looked at what they say my score is and I wish it was that high because then I wouldn't be having the trouble I am. 800 score on me is so wrong I know I am in the upper 500s to the lower 600s

Where did you obtain your score from? Only trust FICO scores!

Established Member
fmouto

I am ready to get started on this journey to clean up my credit. I started off with 18 collections and 5 chargeoffs, I now have 11 collections. My husband and I are planning to buy a house by May of 2014.

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 526
Goal Score: 640

Vegimax

I am also ready to do the Fitness Challenge!

Here are my goals:

To save for a new house and qualify for lower interest (within 4 years)

To get a decent auto loan interest rate (within 2 years)

To live within my budget (always)

I will acheive these goals by learning how to manage credit on these forums, then enforcing what I learn as habits. 

Starting Score: 644 EQ (11/2/2012)
Current Score: 716 EQ (12/2/2012)
Goal Score: 750

tdawgganf

[ Edited ]

My current credit situation:

- 657 FICO and a 706 VantageScore.

- 13 Total Accounts

- 12 Open Accounts

- 1 Closed Account

- 0 Delinquent

- 0 Derogatory

- Balances of $37,206 (Student loans and Car Loan, credit cards are all at $0)

- Public Records 0

- Inquires 41

My Goal:

- Keep up the perfect payment history

- Reduce my total balances

- Obtain at least a 700 FICO score.

I was recently just approved for a Chase Freedom, with a $3,000 limit. I was surprised they approved me with that limit, I am only 19 with a AAoA of 10 months.

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 687
Goal Score: 750

Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

Hello,

I am taking the fitness challenge because it's about darn time I did something responsible in my life. I want to buy a home in early '13.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
cyn-lee123

Very good info. Thank you. I am currently following in your footsteps and it is working for Me. Information of any type is very powerful when it is used properly. Thanks again.
Fired up!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}