cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
cjw5258

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi everyone,

I am taking the challenge because I am trying to purchase a car but at a lower interest rate than I was offered. 

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: 555
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 971 of 1,050
Sorainzo
Valued Member

Hello. Taking the challenge to try to get my score back up to a reasonable range. I originally had a decent score, then had a student loan (multiple loans taken out with them) go delinquent and my score decreased. Trying to get it back up by the usual means of paying off credit cards, monthly loan payments, etc. I'm also looking into getting the negative marks of the loan company removed.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 972 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and am trying to repair my credit so I can buy a house.

Edit: looked at what they say my score is and I wish it was that high because then I wouldn't be having the trouble I am. 800 score on me is so wrong I know I am in the upper 500s to the lower 600s

Message 973 of 1,050
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and am trying to repair my credit so I can buy a house.

Edit: looked at what they say my score is and I wish it was that high because then I wouldn't be having the trouble I am. 800 score on me is so wrong I know I am in the upper 500s to the lower 600s

Where did you obtain your score from? Only trust FICO scores!

Message 974 of 1,050
fmouto
Established Member

I am ready to get started on this journey to clean up my credit. I started off with 18 collections and 5 chargeoffs, I now have 11 collections. My husband and I are planning to buy a house by May of 2014.

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 526
Goal Score: 640

Message 975 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also ready to do the Fitness Challenge!

Here are my goals:

To save for a new house and qualify for lower interest (within 4 years)

To get a decent auto loan interest rate (within 2 years)

To live within my budget (always)

I will acheive these goals by learning how to manage credit on these forums, then enforcing what I learn as habits. 

Message 976 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current credit situation:

- 657 FICO and a 706 VantageScore.

- 13 Total Accounts

- 12 Open Accounts

- 1 Closed Account

- 0 Delinquent

- 0 Derogatory

- Balances of $37,206 (Student loans and Car Loan, credit cards are all at $0)

- Public Records 0

- Inquires 41

My Goal:

- Keep up the perfect payment history

- Reduce my total balances

- Obtain at least a 700 FICO score.

I was recently just approved for a Chase Freedom, with a $3,000 limit. I was surprised they approved me with that limit, I am only 19 with a AAoA of 10 months.

Message 977 of 1,050
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am taking the fitness challenge because it's about darn time I did something responsible in my life. I want to buy a home in early '13.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 978 of 1,050
cyn-lee123

Very good info. Thank you. I am currently following in your footsteps and it is working for Me. Information of any type is very powerful when it is used properly. Thanks again.
Fired up!!!
Message 979 of 1,050
fairclok
Contributor

@fairclok wrote:

@fairclok wrote:

Hi Barry and Everyone,

First time joining this forum.   Seems very interesting and provides a lot of support and feedback.      I'm looking forward to sharing my challenge with you guys.

My current situation.

Experian - 630

Equifax - 603

Transunion - 630

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe within 2 years?  is this possible?)

Up until 2009  I was young and very lazy with paying bills, etc.   I didn't understand the importance of credit.      In January of 2009, I payed off all my debt that was on my credit report as delinquent, etc.    

I kept my auto loan (which is now paid off and was never late on payments 1995-2010)

I kept my school loan, which has $10,000 left - make payments of $200 per month

I have had no credit cards, etc in the past 3 years.   I wanted to get used to living on a budget and pay my bills in real time.        

The accounts that I paid in full in 2009 are still on my credit report as closed, but listed as potentially negative, which i'm know will be there for a minimum of 7 years. 

NOW:

Its now time for me to build my credit.    

I opened a $300 credit card with Orchard Bank.   Have had it for 6 months.    Always pay on time and keep the amount I spend to around $100.    

I also have my school loan ($10,000), which has been current since Jan 2009.      Prior to that I was only late twice from Jan 07-Jan 09.    

Otherwise i have no other debt.  

I could really use some advice on how to build my credit in a responsible way.

Goals:

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe within 2 years?  is this possible?)

Thanks in advance for your help.  

Keith   

Good news.   I was approved for my Capital One Secured Card today.      

The letter says minimum deposit of $49.    Does that mean what I was approved for?   Or can I deposit more?  

I'm looking forward to using it responsibly and watch my credit score increase even more.      I''m at 655 Equifax today.  

Going to pull all three reports before I make the deposit and then pull them again after and see what the impact was on all 3 scores.   I will post when I find out.

Good news.   Was approved for Walmart Store Card ($150) and Amazon Store Card ($400) last week.  

Now I have:

Orchard Bank:               $300  Utilization 0% - have had for 7 months

Capital One Secured:  $300  Utilization 0% - have had for 1 months

Amazon Store:               $400  still waiting on card - brand new

Walmart Store:              $150  still waiting on card - brand new

Last negative items was 2.5 years ago.    The remaining 4 negative items are from 5.2 years ago and longer

I have also been "disputing" / "requesting information" on these items on my credit report.      I had a court judgment for a cell phone bill (when roaming charges existed) from 2006.       I asked for it to be validated and they came back with an updated profile.    It went from an Abstract Judgment to Satisfied Judgement.   I had paid it back in 2006.      The good news was that day I noticed my scores increase by 12-15 points across all 3. 

Its been about 1.5 months and have been able to increase my 3 scores by approx. 30 points.        I'm looking forward to having my Cap One, Amazon and Walmart cards hit my credit report.     They have yet to report to CAs.  

Is it worth applying for any more store cards?    or should I wait until I see what the impact of these are??  I don't want to have too many hard inquiries on my CR.     Currently I have 4. 

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Message 980 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.