cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hey folks! 

Congrats to everyone who is wrapping up the myFICO Fitness Challenge for  2012. As we gear up for the 2013 Challenge, we at myFICO thought we’d try something new this year and post a wrap up thread for folks to report their successes. So if you'd like to share your milestones and achievements from 2012, head on over here and post away: 

myFICO Fitness Challenge 2012 Wrap Up

The new myFICO Fitness Challenge will kick off on January 1st - so get ready to make 2013 the year you achieve your financial goals! 

Message 1021 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Will there be a challenge for 2013?

I need to repair my credit Smiley Sad
My biggests things this year is that I missed a few payments, and sent some in late.

It was totally my fault - just disorganization in finances. I feel so MAD at myself, and need some support from people who have been in this same situation.

Its hard (impossible almost) to talk about this with my family and friends, as they would never put themselves in this predicament.

I've paid off my car, own a condo, and try not to live outside of my means. However, the only thing is that I've just been a bit disorganized this year and I didn't realize

how bad that would affect my credit Smiley Sad

I'm trying to refinance my house....but got a very rude denial from one of the companies after they checked my score. I was shattered.

I'm fine for now in terms of all of my payments, I just need to make sure I pay them all on time. 

I just wanted to refinance to lower my rates....but that doesn't seem possible at the moment. How could I have been so stupid??

Anyways - I finally got the nerve to come here, and would appreciate the support as much as possible. I'm new to this, as I've never been in this situation before.

Any words of encouragement, help, tips, etc....is much appreciated!

Message 1022 of 1,050
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, there will be a new challenge for 2013 with new and exciting things to come.  Grab your seat, get comfortable and work to a healthier fianancial 2013.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1023 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to it!!!

Thanks for the motivation - this will be great! 

Message 1024 of 1,050
KAISMOM
Contributor

New to myfico. Trying to rebuild credit after getting derailed the past few years.

I had an Amex card 4k limit, lost that

Nose dive from 690 to 560 fico when I was in school, and receiving cash aid from the government.

Got a lousy card $300 limit, $50 yearly/high interest (late one month now @26%...terrible I know...will drop soon)

Wells Fargo Financial, my first cc, 2400, will keep, added Walmart and Fingerhut the past 2 years. will increase limits gradually.

Will apply to Credit Union, B of A, maybe Discover and Amex again.

Goal:

1) Pay off CCards ($1900 balance) over three months. It's apparently better to do it incrementally then all at once...

Maybe add one (or not) next year. 

2) Save for downpayment for car & start the process on DP on house/condo. I currently pay 1400 in rent monthly (live in L.A) self employed, 50k gross, single mom

3) Pay down student loans, currently hovering above 13k

My goal by end of 2013 is a fico score above 700, low mid 700's would be fantastic!

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 1025 of 1,050
jc28

test

Starting Score: 659
Current Score: 659
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1026 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am new to myfico. Trying to rebuild credit after getting derailed several years ago. I have been make a better effort to get it back on track. But, I feel with this forum and the information here I can get it better.

My goal by end of 2013 is a fico score above 740, 

Message 1027 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so grateful for this forum. I finally found out my credit score and I nearly cried because I was not approved for an apartment that I really wanted.  I don't want that to happen ever again.  I have been er diligent in paying bills on time and paying more than the amount due.  The only thing that is driving me mad is the student loan. Those are killer but I am working on paying them off as much as I can this year.  I am looking for all sorts of advice thatnks again for this forum.  Here's to a successful 2013!

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 549
Goal Score: 690

Message 1028 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hyaven't checked my score in a while. It used to be quite high, but I am now retired, having a much harder time paying off all my credit cards every month. My wife and I now live separately most of the time and filed our taxes separately for the first time last year. I though the challenge was some sort of training program on calculating or improving your credit score, but if it, I can't find it on any of the links. I have a lot of open/unused credit accounts, and I am wondering whether it makes sense to close them out or leave them open.

Message 1029 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying hard to make my FICO score better.

Message 1030 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.