cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our third year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?  Well, believe...as more than 1,600 posts later we launch another year of working together toward achieving our personal financial goals! 

What’s the myFICO Fitness Challenge?

By taking the challenge, we publicly proclaim our FICO score goals for the myFICO Forums community to bear witness, encourage and often challenge.  Why do we care so much about reaching our FICO score goals?  Maybe it’s to qualify for a home? A new car? That coveted rewards card? How about telling us what reaching your goal will mean for you?

New to the Challenge?

If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome!  To begin, set up your official myFICO Fitness Challenge logo signature on your Profile page (My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information).  Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.  Then get to work!

Returning Challenger?

If you already have your official signature from last year, all you need to do now is post your updated FICO score(s) and reply to this topic, telling us about your 2011 results and the steps you plan to take toward achieving your goals in 2012.

Here’s to ALL of us achieving our financial goals in 2012!!!

-Barry

Message 1 of 1,050
1,049 REPLIES 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi Everyone.

Happy 2012!

I am new to this forum but have been reading a lot for the past 2 weeks. I decided to become a member today so that I can take the FICO Fitness Challenge.  I am currently flying under the credit card radar because I am scheduled to close on my first home on January 31st.  Once that is complete, I want to work hard to increase my FICO scores and join the 700 club.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning with everyone here.  My goals for 2012 are to close on my home and to raise my FICO score to at least a 700.  I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but I'm learning as I go by reading your posts and advice.  Wish me luck!!!   

Message 2 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know why my cute little FICO logo won't appear in my signature? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 1,050
zan987
New Contributor

This is my first time doing the Fitness Challenge and I am ready to get started!

My current situation:

Discharged Bankruptcy November 2010 so I am currently in rebuilding mode.

I currently have 3 CCs and I am an authorized user on one of them.

I have student loans....I want even say how much I owe.  Smiley Sad

Personal loan with my Credit Union (Borrowed $500 to help rebuild my credit, in good standing)

My goals:

To save for an 8 month emergency fund and a down payment for a car

To get a decent auto loan interest rate

To live within my budget

I plan to achieve these goals by continuing to pay my bills ontime and by paying down my current debt.

Good Luck Everyone and Happy New Year!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 1,050
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

I had a dismal 2007, 2008 and 2009, and am just now starting to get any traction on credit repair.

In 2012 I will be working toward raising my FICO above 700 by: (1) keeping utilization on credit cards below 10%, (2) paying student loans down $10,000 over the year, (3) keeping to a budget, and (4) getting at least one collection off my report via goodwill.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 1,050
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Hi All,

I found this forum in November, and so far the information has been great - really good stuff here that will help me clean up my credit.

I sowed my wild credit oats in the '90s (slow pays, charge-offs, etc.), and then realized I couldn't keep doing that - it was embarrassing to apply for a car loan, CC, and get denied.  So, I paid everything that was derogatory and waited for it to clear; also, my last slow pay was in 2001.  I've had 10 years of paying everything on time/clean credit, but still have very low scores (low 600s).  

Since browsing these forums, I've realized my problem has been paying off a CC and then closing it, which resulted in not having a very long AAoA.  I was caught in the subprime borrower category in 2007/2008 and had several CCs that were cancelled on me by creditors, which has resulted in an extremely high utilization %.  And, I've indiscriminately applied for credit at every turn, not aware of how inquiries affected my scores.

My goals for 2012:  1).   Apply for no credit/no inquiries in 2012.  2).  Work on paying off my revolving credit lines with high interest rates (I have 14 total, and I hope to pay off half of these this year).  3).  Keep making all payments on time.

Looking forward to being with everyone here this year.

TNTransplant

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 6 of 1,050
hafsa

my starting score in 2011 was 590 equifax and transunion 666 try to pay off my debt now 1/10/2012 equifax 653 myfico.com and transunion 698 lender pull my goal for 2012 to be 750+ fico scores

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 653experian 698 tunion 720
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 1,050
hafsa

trying to post i dont know whats going on

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 653experian 698 tunion 720
Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 1,050
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know why my cute little FICO logo won't appear in my signature? Smiley Sad

It's fixed. Welcome to myFICO.

Message 9 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's fixed. Welcome to myFICO.

THANK YOU!!

Message 10 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.