cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hello everyone, 

I'm Nikki a 36 year old mother of three and I am new to this challenge

I want to improve my credit score for a sense of security. My goal is to pay off as much debt as I can within 4 years so by the time I'm 40 I can have a comfortable credit score and an emergency savings account. I'm found this forum from a post on facebook and hope that with the support of others, I can achieve my goals. 

Message 1041 of 1,050
kindcajunman
New Visitor

I will make a list of my biggest balances as for my bad credit I owe take the largest amount and the largest intrest rate add 10 percent to payment pay only what is required for the others pay down the largest .Once that has been elimated take that payment and use to pay the next  largest payment and pay it off and as I have the payments for the ones paid off keep paying off next in line.In Year or so I should have my credit score back to normal.

Message 1042 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time doing the Fitness Challenge. I stumbled onto the site and am definitely interested in increasing my FICO score. Would definitely like help to achieve my goals and to increase my FICO and credit scores.

My current situation:

I currently have 3 CSS and have been making good payments on them on time.

I have student loans.. That are in good standing.

I have a time share that I am paying off... Smiley Frustrated It is in good standing.

Trying to live on a budget, not working so well.

My goals:

To save for an 3-6 month emergency fund.

Pay off my credit cards and become debt free.

To live within my budget

I plan to achieve these goals by continuing to pay my bills on time and by paying down my current debt.

Good Luck Everyone and Happy New Year!

Message 1043 of 1,050
kp1211
Established Member

Hello All!!!

I've read tons of helpful posts on this sight but have never posted anything. I have been working on my credit for the past year and would really like to be able to purchase a home in 2013 so I am taking this challenge to hopefully get my scores to be 700+ across the board. I know this post is for 2012 and the year is almost over but this will just get me a head start on 2013 Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 566, TU 540, EX 607 (Lender Pulls 5/24/12)
Current Score:
EQ 607, TU 637, EX 634 (04/30/13 Lender Pull)
Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Gordon's - $1200, Buckle - $1140, Capital One Secured - $750, Victoria's Secret - $680, Walmart - $200

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1044 of 1,050
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Hello I'm just joining the challenge..

2003 - Had very bad credit from my twenties. BK 1998 - got new credit and sabotaged myself again...tons of chargeoff/collections/judgments/IRS lien-horrible!

2004- Decided to own up to my mess and pulled my CR's...it was hard to accept, but once I faced my credit problems - I made up my mind to fix them 

I disputed everything - baddies startedf falling off - I got excited!!! EQ and TU are the BEST! EX was very diffictult w/ a few baddies and told me that I couldnt 

dispute CapOne anymore Smiley Happy 

2005- My credit union had a loan program to reestablish credit and pay off old debts...I got a $1500 loan -made settlement offers and paid off 4 old accounts...FICO 

starting going up instantly...some ppl say to leave old debts alone- I paid mine and my score increased! I paid off that loan. I went back to the credit union (CU)

and used my car as collateral to pay off the IRS over $5k..paid off that loan by 2006...In the meantime, got a secured card from First Premier Bank $500...fico 

reached the 620 range. I'm hyped now! 

2006- Lien gone! Only negs on CR - judgement/Cap One -refused to delete/a couple of CA's/BK - got a jewelry store credit card- score up to 640's 

2007- Keep on disputing...judgements fell off...applied with CU for Visa - got $2500 limit...I'm stoked now!! CA's fall off CR's - fico 650's 

2008- BK falls off -hip hip hoorah!! Cap One gone forever!!! yeah!! Completely clean report - GAP Card approved/Walmart card/Wamu Visa..fico 675's 

2009- Buy my dream car CLK and a house 5% fixed $220k - scores near 680-690's 

2010-Chase takes over WAMU - fixing house $3500 limit is lowered after I paid $700 in full - I closed the account I was so angry...I now know I should have cut the 

card up and kept the acct for history...ficos 700 range

2011- Decrease in work hours/home damage- need loan mod..got 4.25 Fixed..5 late pmts reporting WF..score drops 655 Smiley Sad

2012- Starting paying mtg curr Sep 2011 - now...applied for Plat Visa w/CU got $10K shocked - sold CLK pd cash for 300D score 710 -Fico Smiley Very Happy

I'm back!!! Recently (Dec) applied for Amex PRG (still pending recon)/Citi Forward (pending exec ofc recon/BofA Visa Sign approved $5k/Cap One Venture           

(applied online waiting-called should know by next wk. App Spree! Goodwill letter to WF to remove late mortgage pmts will know by Jan 17-2013. Knowledge 

is Power- I thank God for these forums...I would have never known about recon/debt validation/goodwill letters, etc!   

I have learned that there is hope for anyone dealing with bad credit choices. I consdired credit cards as something to use to the max and pay only the min. I sabotaged myself. However, it's never too late to recognize the problem and then work to fix it. The years of fixing my credit were exciting lol. I looked forward to checking my scores and waiting to get responses from the CR's for the outcome of my disputes. I'm now ready to use the credit cards for my benefit and not pay them any interest! I'm about to take it to the next level. Blessings to all who read this post! 

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 1045 of 1,050
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Creditballer

Wow inspiring story! Congrats on your success!

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 1046 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'm new to these forums and I am ready to start building my credit score for 2013!

A little about me: I'm a 26 year old student with both federal and private student loans (most of them are in deferment, but I am in good standing with the two loans I am currently paying.) I also work part time. I haven't paid much attention to my credit score or reports until recently - which is horrible, I know. About a year ago, I purchased a new car with a cosigner, I have been in good standing on that auto loan also (I have never been late on a payment since I bought the car in May 2011). I have been good with the bigger loans, however, I just paid the balance on a 90+ day past due CC with a decently high balance. I know that might have been part of the reason my that my score dropped from 690 to 654. I've also tried to apply for another credit card, but I have had no luck with that either. I also have a "derogatory" account in collections from a while back..I remember dealing with them, but I'm not sure at all if I really paid off the collections agency in full.

My goals for 2013:

I recently got accepted to an accelerated (and expensive) nursing program that I will be moving away to attend. I'm raising my credit in order to take the right steps to financial security - as well as trying to get my own place. I want to be able to put myself on a budget, even though I don't make much money at my current job. I also want to save as much money as I can. (I won't be able to work much during nursing school - thankfully it's a short program!). So my goal for now is to raise my score to 700 or somewhere very close - over 700 would be wonderful!

I don't know much about credit, so joining this challenge will hopefully give me much needed knowledge.

I'm looking forward to learning and progressing!

Message 1047 of 1,050
rred4
Regular Contributor

Trying to become debt free no more credit cards for me trying to get past 780 so I can apply for a home loan. Just have to pay off this Amex and student loans and I'm done. Having good credit can get you in a lot of trouble if you don't have discipline.  This is my second time with good credit and I learned a hard lesson. 2013 no more mistakes.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 750(EQ) 746(TU)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1048 of 1,050
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Thank you...I wish you the best. Don't accept no for an answer. Keep searching these forum for information and you will do well. See you in the 700-800 club Smiley Happy

@Unique620 wrote:

@creditballer

Wow inspiring story! Congrats on your success!

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 1049 of 1,050
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

Happy New Year! 

The myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013 is officially underway!

Message 1050 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.