cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Happy New Year all!

I'm a returning challenger. My situation, continuing from last year:

• I've continued my regular payments on Student Loan and Consumer Loan and that's still going well.
  • CC util on my main CC has increased but overall util still fairly low due to CLI
  • 30-day late on one CC from Feb 2008 not negatively affecting score according to My FICO
  • 1 Recent Inquiry (June 2011 for CLI)
  • The Best News: The 1 collection disputed & deleted from EQ & EX (wasn't on TU). This caused my score to jump like 25 points!
  • Scores as of 01/12/12 - EQ: 735 (FICO) | TU: 751 (FICO) | EX: 732 (EX site)
  1. This year, paying off CC and limiting usage is a top priority.
  2. Additionally, I'm trying to put a large dent of my Student Loan debt.

The main reason I'm so concerned with my FICO and Credit situation is for my future.

Nothing big happening now but in a few years when I'm ready to buy a car or a house, this will have paid off.

Goal score for 12/31/12: All 3 in the 760 - 780 Range. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 1,050
CLW

I've been a member of myfico.com since 2009.  I've managed credit well, but have too much.  I did get caught in the new credit guidelines that means when you pay a credit card off, they cancel it and then your utilization goes up instead of down. 

Anyone know why different sources have different scores for all the agencies? 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to be back in it for 2012!

My goal this year is to finalize my mortgage and pay/keep down all revolving balances.  

Message 33 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I have a son with special needs.  It seems like I just get going with getting my credit score up and something major happens with him and blows me out of the water.  I have a low credit score of 564 and hope to have it over 620 by the end of the year if possible.  If someone has suggestions of what I can do to proactively raising my score please post it.

Thanks,

ValFran

Message 34 of 1,050
bigdaddy737
New Visitor

lets get to work

Bigdaddy737
Message 35 of 1,050
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a son with special needs.  It seems like I just get going with getting my credit score up and something major happens with him and blows me out of the water.  I have a low credit score of 564 and hope to have it over 620 by the end of the year if possible.  If someone has suggestions of what I can do to proactively raising my score please post it.

Thanks,

ValFran

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I will suggest that you visit the Rebuilding Your Credit board for some great advice from folks (like me!) who have been in a bad place financially and who are on different parts of their recovery road.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 36 of 1,050
cuwhite5
Valued Member

My Fico Logo won't show on my page. Can anyone help?

Starting Score: TU 717 EQ 701
Current Score: TU 794 EQ 760 DISCOVER MONTHLY 799 JUNE 2014) 807 TU BARCLAYCARD (JUNE2014)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 37 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Smiley Happy

I've been monitoring my credit for quite some time and it's been wonderful to see it rise out of the "everything's in collection" phase of my younger years.  I just got married 3 months ago and chose to use more credit than usual to get some of the things I wanted for the ceremony and reception, but I'm paying it back as quickly as I can.  I'm in a good place right now; all my bills are paid with money to spare.  Here's to another good year! Heart

Message 38 of 1,050
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@cuwhite5 wrote:

My Fico Logo won't show on my page. Can anyone help?

Happy to help.

Message 39 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am retired and living on a pension and Social Security.  I never prepared for retirement and have literally no savings or investments.  I am under water on my mortgage, although by only a couple thousand dollars.

I have never been late on a bill and have a Fico score just short of 800.  Unfortunately, I believe I am about to lose my pension to a Chapter 11 filing of my former employer.  I am 67 and in no condition to go back to work...even if here were jobs out there (AND I weren't a senior citizen!).  This is not a very rosy picture but I'll survive, I'm sure.

Message 40 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.