cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

so how/where do we find this FICO Fitness Challenge?

ah ha... got it going now...

a little background info..

i have never known my actual FICO score. i do monitor my report through Transunions Zendough. I know my Credit score from all threee agencies, but Credit scote is not necessarily the same as FICO score, correct?

TU credit score=693     EQ credit score=716     EX credit score= 719

have been denied auto financing twice in past year and a half.

denied a new credit card recently

reasons for all denials--on recent credit card (exactly as stated on denial letter)

-utilization of existing credit line

-lenth of time sonce account opened

-previous account delinquency

key factors - (exactly as stated on denial letter)

-serious delinquency

-ratio of balance to limit on bank rev or other rev accts too high

-too few account currently paid as agreed

-lack of recent installment loan information

term car loan paid in full 2008 never late

mastercard (opened 4/11) 500 limit 200 available never late

amex (closed 1990) shows on reportsas closed/ never late/ current last reported 2006 balance $84    high balance  $84  **contacted EQ to try to figure this one out the discrepencies in dates and balance.

EX shows the same AMEX as reporting but with $0 balance  also closed /never late/ current

utility bill (electric) both EQ and EX  one 60 day late/one 90 day lale in 2008 not late since.  the listing on my report shows my electric bill balance every month.

a dozen or so inquiries since in past year (auto loan and credit card.)

will post FICO Fitness Challenge results once complete.

Message 981 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm... every link to "take the FICO Fitness Challenge" goes to "take the challenge" posts never to the actual challenge...  

very confused now.  Smiley Sad

Message 982 of 1,050
J_S

Hey all.

My current situation is I have been trying to improve my score for some time but messed it up again a few months back. I don't have much debt total, but what I do have is bad. I have 2 open credit cards, one CL is 300, the other is 600. The 300 limit card's balance is 0, the other is 341. I have a closed credit card with a balance of 754. There are 3 collections. The baddie is 1920 from an apartment I vacated without telling the landlord. The other two are low/about to fall off. Well that's about it. I'll be trying to keep another thread about it updated, but I get my nifty fico challenge sig now.

Message 983 of 1,050
J_S

@tc570 I think this is the Fico Fitness Challenge. Just tell us what your situation is and what your goals are.

Edit: Oh I see you already figured that out... nvm...

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Message 984 of 1,050
bethany
Valued Member

YAY!!!!  today is a good day.

first good news:

Your FICO® score has gone up to 566 on November 26, 2012.

second good news:

I was approved for my first unsecured credit card since 2007!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!!

• Credit Limit:$500.00
  • Purchase APR: 0% intro APR until August 2013; after that, 19.8% variable APR
  • Transfer APR: 19.8% variable APR

slowly rebuilding...  

so excited.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score 2012: 484 Starting Score 2013: 566 Starting Score 2014: 650
Current Score: 660
Goal Score #1: 660 - achieved! 6/28/14

Goal Score #2: 680
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 985 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings, all!  I'm getting serious about cleaning up my credit score so I can buy a house.  I've got a few collections accounts:

$3,500 old credit card charge off, out of SOL

$250 old cell phone contract termination charge, past SOL

$350 old cell phone contract termination charge, past SOL

Just sent letters to the credit agencies disputing these items.  If they are validated, I will try to set up Pay for Delete settlements. 

I also have an old student loan for $5500 that they garnished my wages for, but it is all paid off now.  My credit report is showing this as an open collection, and I've just disputed the item.  Hopefully the line item will be deleted instead updated to reflect that it was paid via wage garnishment.

Finally, I have several 30 day late car payments from 2009 that I've asked Chase to delete based on the past 3.5 years of timely payments.  It was a 72 month car loan that I only have 3 months left to pay on, so maybe I'll get lucky.

If I can succeed with the above, I'll be close to 750!  Wish me luck.

Message 986 of 1,050
favored12
Valued Member

Finally have some time to explore the boards a little bit more!  I'm usually logged in from my phone.  Glad to be here and with the help of the wealth of knowledge on this forum, I have seen significant bumps in my scores within a short time!  I had several collections on my reports-most were paid, some not.  I have several lates from previous years of ignorance to credit.  I'm still learning and have vowed protect my credit once I get it back on track!  I got started in July with the rebuild.  One by one I tackled each collection via PFD/GW, disputed inaccuracies as there actually were several and have had many sucesses.  I still have 5 or 6 baddies left (two are  from same collection company (they are a PITA). And some lates I'd like to try GW on. I would like to add another credit card to the mix before gardending but just don't think my scores will bump again before the end of the year. Long term Goal is to buy a home in about 2 years.

Sucesses So Far

• Approved for Discover Matrix Card $300 Limit September 2012
  • Approved for CAP ONE Secured card $200 Limit (increased it to $300)  October 2012
  • Approved for NFCU cash rewards $10000 Limit October 2012 (this one really shocked me!!!)
  • Approved for CAP ONE Blank Check $30K @13% interest November 2012-Got a better rate at the dealershipt
  • Approved through Infiniti Financial for 2012 Infinit G37 Coupe November 2012 (still shocked at this one!!!)

Goals

• Garden for about 6 months before applying for any new credit  (I really want a VS card and Walmart but they keep denying me!)
  • Homeownership by end 2014 early 2015

Next Steps

• Work on DH scores and credit
  • Continue GW/PFD processes on remaining baddies
  • Garden, Garden.....did I say Garden?  And really try to contain myself from apping!

Starting Score: EQ-485 TU-558 EX-576 AUG2012
Current Score: EQ-533 TU-621 EX-644 NOV2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 987 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well im going to mae this official. Time to focus on credit scores. I checked my scores today and was suprised that score went up 60 points from just time alone. Dont see anything removed in the last 9 months. So this is motivation to get to 700 by Jan 2014. Crossin my fingers!

Things Done:

Applied for USAA secured card with 3k limit (was denied a year ago for this but now i have higher score, we shall see)

Applied for CapOne secured card. Waiting 7-10 days for anwer.

Added to spouses Discover More card as AU

Things to Do:

Setup Student Loan Rehab Payment Plan

Dispute all collections

PFD all collections remaining after dispute

6 month goal is to be over 620 score and get approved for a store card and a unsecured card.

12 months goal is to have my student loan defaults gone and into good standing with lender, hopefully I can focus on more unsecured cards and CLI.  

Until then I will just be patient and work on the badies getting removed.

Wish me luck. I will definately need Adderall through this journey to keep me focused Smiley Happy

Message 988 of 1,050
brooksbaby35
Established Member

Hello myFICO comrades.  Heeeelp! Need 650, but GOAL is 700, by May 2013 when I begin home buying process. Currently have mortgage but I am looking for home because FAA will be buying my property next year (yeah eminent domain Smiley Sad so they will buy my house and I got to look for another.  Which means obtain another mortgage.  Please myfico friends help me. I started my road to recovery in June 2012. Here is what my report looks like: 1 mortgage w/SETERUS, INC, on-time for two years but was behind back in 2009/2010 due to company shutdown so 2009/2010 shows 8 late payments total and loan modification. After reviewing these forums, I realized I needed credit cards to help rebuild so I got 3 cards since June 2012: Applied Bank Secured $200 CLI, bal $1, CAP One (searssolutions MasterCard) $400 CLI, bal ZERO, First Premier $200, bal ZERO. Saw huge improvement in score, almost 40 points!!, once I obtained cards and paid balances off before statement date. THIS REALLY WORKS!! No public records. But I have collections. 1 reposession Credit Acceptnce $5714, DoFD 2/2008. National Finance-$325 collection since 2010, Santander $6387 loan in collections. This Santader one is a stupid loan I got with ex in 2002 the freakin dates keep changing on this one. It should have dropped off two years ago. This one will not go away and I don’t know how to handle this one. So how should I handle these collection accounts? Should I ask mortgage company to delete old 30 day payments or can I do such a thing? I greatly appreciate your help/suggestions. 

Starting Score: EX=508 EQ=483 TU=507 ON 2/8/2012
Score 10/8/12: EX=542 EQ=530 TU=564. 11/28/12 EQ-595, EX-632, TR-592
Current Score 9/19/14: EX=633 EQ=660 TU=633
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 989 of 1,050
CalabashKing

So I realize I'm a little late in starting the 2012 challenge.

But here's to saying "It's never too late"

Really looking forward to making an impact this last month and come out swinging in 2013. 

Good Luck to All.

Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 557
Goal Score: 750+

Message 990 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.