cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

The one card he was able to get with the lame $300 limit (Orchard) doesn't allow authorized users on the particular card he qualified for.  The secured $500 limit (BofA) allowed me to be a user, but didn't even take me SS# so that will not help me, either.  Hubby's score was 674 (Equifax) when we checked them on 3/27/12.  My hope is now that he's got 2 revolving credit cards his score will jump.  We'll check again in 6 months, though I'm seriously considering a monitoring service so we can see our scores more often.  I just don't know if the cost is worth it.

Message 481 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Giggle

Giggle

O'man so I took someones advice on here and set up my American Express payment to show a zero ballance at the end of the month when my report was ususlly submitted to the credit agencies, even though I paid it off every month my timeing was off.  So I waited a month paid some extra cash and got it down.  Look what it did to my score!!!!

It was a 777 and this month it went to 794  O' man Jumping!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 482 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey whitelettuce welcome,

Well it's not going to happen over night but please do not give up!!

House wife/at home mom is the hardest job out there hands down, I'm sure there are some creative ways to show that you have some income of some sort to help out wiht your credit.  Start off by just adding a card in your name to your hubbys's credit card account.  Do you have your own checking account or is it joint?  If it's joint you should be able to easily establish a secured credit card to get started if not you should look into getting your own checking account if what you looking for is to establish some credit that's a good way to get started and then after you have had that for a while with maybe some allowance (wink) from your husband after like 6 months apply for your own credit card with your bank.  This would just be of course a couple suggestions to start!  There are tons of articles on the forum here just  make sure you read them I'm sure you will come accross some good ones!

Big Daddy!

Message 483 of 1,050
scrappy61077

better late then never i guess.... ive been reading here for about a month and a half now and learned alot and finally feel im starting to understand my credit more. im not expecting miracles but after years of not worrying about it ( careless living) i finally feel its time to grow up. my goals are simple, improve my credit so i can improve my quality of life.... and buying a house next year would be nice.....

Starting Score: 591(EX) 540 (EF) 566 (TU) 4/4/12
Current Score: 591(EX) 540 (EF) 566 (TU) 4/4/12
Goal Score: 650 for now

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 484 of 1,050
Queeniam
Established Member

that's great...My boyfriend told me about this trick!  I'm going to try it.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 485 of 1,050
sindachris

HI Everyone!!! I am somewhat new to the forums. I have bad debt from a marriage. I am excited to work on my credit and my goal is to purchase my first home next year, 2013. I settled several accounts so far and I plan to contiue to clean up my credit overall over the course of this year and into early next year. I have an Orchard bank card so far to help to rebuild and I plan on getting a secured card to help assist further with building as well. I know this is not an easy and clean process but I pray to get there with no major problems in the road ahead!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 474 TU 486 EX 501 -Pulled from Lender 3/2011
Current Score: EQ 530 TU 495 (pulled from myfico 4/2012) EX 502(from declined Credit One Bank credit card)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 486 of 1,050
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Giggle

Giggle

O'man so I took someones advice on here and set up my American Express payment to show a zero ballance at the end of the month when my report was ususlly submitted to the credit agencies, even though I paid it off every month my timeing was off.  So I waited a month paid some extra cash and got it down.  Look what it did to my score!!!!

It was a 777 and this month it went to 794  O' man Jumping!!!

Smiley Happy

Good job! You figured it out and it definitely paid off!

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 487 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tubesock yes I know your one of the ones that helped me out on this thank you very much for your help I really do apprciate it!

I like the fact that everyone is helping everyone else out on this forum it's great!

Message 488 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey what's the trick Queeniam?  haha!

Message 489 of 1,050
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's March, but better late then never, right?

I feel like I'm at a dead end.  I've been a stay at home mom for 17 years and with no income of my own, I can't even get a credit card.  I actually got declined for a secure one this morning.  Hubby has a great job, but we've been through our share of messes.  Discharged bankruptcy in December of 2007.  Since then we've drastically cut back and started saving more.  We pay for everything in cash.  We did get a car loan (bought used) in Sep of 2009 and recently refinanced it at a much lower interest rate.  Things sure are different these days.  Hubby makes nearly 135k a year and all he could get was a unsecured card with a $300 limit and a secured card with a $500 limit.  However, those were the big issues with getting credit...no revolving credit.  Now that he has that, things can only get better for his score.  As for me, I don't know what to do to improve my score.  No job, no credit/loans or anything in my name.  I'd love some suggestions.

Maybe you can get an AU CC with a sibling?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 490 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.