cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

I'm joining in! I'm hoping to reach the 700 club this year, and I think it is doable. My utilization is high right now from Christmas shopping which should be all paid off within the next couple of months, so that should give my score a boost. Other than that, I am giving these new accounts I opened last year time to age and hopefully will add one prime card mid year if my score looks good. Long term...hopefully looking to purchase a new car at the end of the year and perhaps a house within a couple years after that. 

Anyone know how to fix the signature? Thanks!

Message 61 of 1,050
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

Fantastic job!  I'm using you as motivation.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 62 of 1,050
Redissochi
New Contributor

Hey Guys-

I am amped about this fitness challange especially since this site has been helping me get things removed from my credit report. My main reason about getting serious about cleaning my credit up is I want to purchase a new car in October. I want a brand spanking new 2012-2013 vehicle but I dont want my interest rate to be ridiculous. Im at 644 now which is great considering just a few months ago I was told my number was 624 on TU. I messed up my credit in college because I I thought credit cards were free money and I am paying for it now. But this time I am going to get it right!!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Message 63 of 1,050
zan987
New Contributor

Shentographer..just wanted to send a shout out.  I live in the "Queen City"  I hope  you mean the one in NC, if so we can not wait to have you.  Good luck with the Fitness Challenge this year. 

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 64 of 1,050
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I Live in NC too! Raleighwood! I too screwed my credit up in college thinking it was free money. After rebuilding for the past 3.5 years thanks in a large part to this site I am almost in the 700 club with all CRAs! I'm pumped!! I've made so much great progress I just got prequalified on my first house! Smiley Happy

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 65 of 1,050
awal
Regular Contributor

@ReBuildingAgn wrote:

I Live in NC too! Raleighwood! I too screwed my credit up in college thinking it was free money. After rebuilding for the past 3.5 years thanks in a large part to this site I am almost in the 700 club with all CRAs! I'm pumped!! I've made so much great progress I just got prequalified on my first house! Smiley Happy

Congrats on the milestone. I hope to be in the 700 club sometime this year Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 66 of 1,050
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Hello, and a Happy 2012 to Everyone!

I've a new member, but doing a LOT of reading here....Wish I would have found this site years ago to got a BETTER start on my CS, a long time ago!

I am starting with a 736 CS this year and hope to take it to a 760+! Wish me luck!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 67 of 1,050
39194yazoo
Established Member

I have been rebuilding DH and my credit for 4.5 years. We are currently in the mortgage process and hoping to close by the end of January. I will not be applying for any other new credit for us. Our cc's are in gardening mode. We didn't even use them for Xmas.Smiley Indifferent My goal is to break into the 720+ range by the end of 2012. I will continue to pay off cc balance of $2400 to help with utilization and pay ALL bills on time. 

Scores
1/2008 TU 539 EX 642 EQ 549 (myfico)
1/2009 TU 615 EX 637 EQ 586 (myfico)
1/2010 TU 653 EX 669 EQ 630 (myfico)
12/2011TU 680 EX 690 EQ 673 (lender pulled)
Closed on home 1/30/2012
Goal Scores 720+

Wallet: Amex NPSL, HSBC $5600, HSBC $300, First Premier $250, Credit One $575 (All in gardening mode)
Message 68 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bring on 2012, so ready!

I just started rebuilding at the end of last year, and hope to see some big increases this year!  I still have quite a few baddies, mostly charge offs and collections.  This year is starting off great though!

So far already for 2012:

I got a PFD agreement with RJM thanks to a friendly myFico member who shared some great contact info.  The check was cashed this morning Smiley Happy

I applied for a Capital One unsecured card, and thinking I was declined, then signed up for the First Progress secured card.  Turns out I got approved for both, $500 limit on each.  I previously had no open cards.

I opened a savings account with $100 that I will add to each month.  I also opened a CD with $500 and I'm planning on doing some laddering with these.  The goal is to build an emergency fund and save a down payment for my first house.

There is still much to be done, but this should be a great year.  Good luck everyone!

Message 69 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Zan987!!! Smiley Wink Yes I do mean Queen Charlotte!!! I live in Charleston, SC which is beautiful but a dead end for a young women like myself. Thanks to the site I am able to accomplish my dreams and will relocate the 2nd half of this year! Good luck to you as well and continue to stay financially fit Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.