cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

@webhopper wrote:

My 2013 goal includes: Reduce installment debt

Take 3 grad classes

Garden for 12 months with no apps

myfico fitness challenge logo.png

Was quick reading and thought it said "Take 3rd Grade Classes" at first.  I need a nap Webby.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 31 of 735
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, everyone!

I had a wonderful 2012, having met my goals for that year, and am looking forward to continuing in a positive direction this year.

Last year, I wanted to get my scores above 700. This year, I'd like to be able to get them to 740+ across the board.

At this point, I have all of the credit cards that I need or want. So unless something comes on the market that really knocks my socks off for rewards, I'm happy to stick with what I have and continue to sit back and enjoy them. When it comes to credit card goals, the thing that I want the most is for them to continue to gain age and positive history -- ie: I want to "garden" my cards.

As far as new credit, I would like to get a new car sometime this year, probably late spring or summer. So, I'll be researching information on car loans and hoping to make the best possible deal.

Good luck to the rest of my FICO forum friends -- may you come to the end of this year with goals achieved! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 32 of 735
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Hello all,

This is my first year in the fitness challenge. A few years ago I drug my scores up from the low-mid 500s up to the high 600s. In the last year and a half I came into some more trouble and the scores full into the high 500s again. Now I'm solidly in the mid 600s but looking to build and garden. By the end of 2013 I would love to be above 730 but a more realistic goal will just be to get above 700.

No plans to buy a house at the moment but would love to be in a good position to do that in 2014. There is a chance I'll add a new car loan. For now I'm just looking to get to debt-zero again.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Message 33 of 735
frank0830
Established Member

I'm jumping in this year! 

My debt is small. Between my wife and I we only have about 8k in 2 stupid loans, tax's, and come CC's. We make more than enough $$ to straighten things out, just need to be responsible about money and buckle down and actually do it. 

I have pulled my 401k contribution back a bit so we could put that much more towards debt and then once debt is under control, we can then begin to contribute more to my 401k. My company has an above average 401k program that I really want to use. 

The really crappy part about this, I have a great NFCU reward CC'd that is maxed out doing absoutly nothing but killing us. 

Ultimate goal, begin using the reward card again for rewards and building credit, get into better cards, and raise our scores, of course.  

Starting Score: EF 527 Others???
Current Score: EF 546
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 34 of 735
livgrace
Valued Member

I just found this site.  I've neglected and was in credit denial for a long time. My ultimate goal is to improve my credit so I can buy a home.  I finally requested my credit reports.  I disputed some wrong information and was just informed that they would be removed.  I have 3 small limit credit cards with on-time payments for the last 2-3 years.  My downfall is definitely my negative items.  I have 3 paid judgments on there and I'm guessing that the only thing I can do about those is wait till they are removed.  I'm not sure if those will prevent me from getting a home loan until they leave my reports.  I am in the process of reading all I can about improving my score to find out if I need to apply for more credit or just maintain the small accounts I currently have.  In any event, here goes nothing!!

Starting Score: EQ 551
Current Score: TU 690 - EQ 607 - EX ?
Goal Score: 700

Message 35 of 735
Swynn

Hello,

Been in and out of this board for over a year. Finally signed up and am willing to do what it takes to fix the credit aspect of my life. Seems to me I'm missing out on deals and having extra cash in my pockets by not having good credit. It took me a year to save for my fiance's engagment ring and its taken 7 to have a repo car taken off my reports. Now i have more negatives than i know what to do with. Goal = better score than what i have. I was at a 620 when i had a car loan and now that its paid off my rating dropped. 

Good luck to all! 

Thanks

Starting Score: Ex:517 TU:487 EQ:Unknown 11/26/2012
Current Score: Ex:507 TU:487 EQ:Unknown 12/04/2012
Current Score: EX:608 TU:573 EQ:615 1/14/2014
Goal Score: 750 for all three Bureaus

Message 36 of 735
Debtslayerdiva

Hello MyFICO Friends,

I'm new at this forum posting so please go easy on me...  I've been reading all Wonderful wonderful posts since April-2012 and I have to say a big, fat THANK YOU to all of you posters!  I learned a lot from this bunch! Smiley Happy  My goal is to dramatically improve my credit score, as well as get some financial freedom!  I will be very honest and tell you that I was very irresponsible... My hands were shaking when I first pulled my credit scores, but once I did I found I wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  I'm looking forward  to  continuing my debt free quest!  I've paid off everything old on my CR and I've been working establishing credit.  Right now I'm very thin and I'm waiting for some baddies to fall out (approx date around May-June 2013).  

I would love to share where I am, what I've done so far and get some input on what to do next.  What is the best place to post that kind of thing?  I don't want to do it on the wrong thread.  Please let me know, thank you!!!

Starting Score: TU 567, EX 566, EQ 598 as of: 7/8/12
Current Score: TU 656, EX 636, EQ 663 as of: 1/2/13
Goal Score: 750

Message 37 of 735
Globalgirl
Valued Member

Happy new year everyone! 

Current Situation 

I am really disappointed with myself right now. I'm in the process of purchasing a home and I made the worst mistake ever. I ignored a $70 doctor bill and it resulted in 25 point drop in my FICO score after going into collections. I do have a few credit cards with balances that i need to pay down. Currently I have about $2500 in credit card debt. They are not major credit cards, for example,

Visa - $1,000 limit (balance $650)

walmart - $1,500 limit (balance $284)

belk - $1,300 limit (balance $631)

capital one - $500 limit (balance $452)

macy's - $400 limit balance $204)

kohl's - $1,500 limit (balance $252)

i have a few others but they have a $0 balance. Any idea on how much it will affect my credit if I pay all of the accounts down to a $0 balance? Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Goals

To raise my credit score to 680 by the end of the year and purchase that new home for me and my son. Wish me luck!!!! 

Equifax: 6/2013 (647) / 10/2013 (647) / 11/13 (654) / 6/05/14 (725)
Experian: 6/2013 (673) / 10/2013 (684) / 12/12/13 (692)
TU Walmart: 6/2013 (683) / 10/2013 (693) / 01/2014 (704) / 06/05/14 (705)
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 38 of 735
maluba
Regular Contributor

Well, I've taken on the responsibility of fixing my husband's credit. My goal is to get to a 650, which is a 62 pt increase, hopefully by this summer. He has 3 big baddies on his report, two from Midland, one from Asset Acceptance, and a judgement that resulted from one of the Midland accounts. Or so they say because I can't find it anywhere. My plan of attack is first to find out where exactly this judgement is, if it exsists, and resolve that, then do some negotiations with the other two baddies. He has one smaller collection for <$200, which we're going to try and PIF in exchange for a delete. We would like to be in a house by the end of this year (going the USDA route, God willing) and do some gardening with 3 credit cards. I'll figure out the particulars about the CCs later. He would add me as an AU on those cards to help build my credit since I have no credit. So, here's hoping that 2013 has some good things in store!

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Message 39 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

New to the boards! I was re-directed here by a google search I did for "IRRRL Refinancing". My credit scores have been stalement for about a year. They don't go up nor down. I don't know what the issue is there. I guess I need to use my credit cards more often. I just use and carry a small balance on one, my USAA CC. I have a limit of 20k, but only carry 2.5k at the most all the time. In total, I have about 9 CC's from every major issuer; Mastercard, Visa, Discover, AMEX.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get my score moving again would be greatly appreciated!

2013 Goals

• Increase FICO to 775+ by year's end.
  • Refinance current home through IRRRL to atleast a 3.5% from a 4.5%.
  • Save on refinance and add to my Emergency Fund by atleast 3 - 5K by year's end.
  • Start using my CC's more often.. (responsibly!)

Message 40 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.