cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

i made a lengthy post on the wrap up for 2012 and just realized my goals for 2013 should just be to let my cards age. 

which is what ill be doing. 

using them and paying them. 

NEVER EVER be late (2 years strong)

still cutting out a couple cards though, that serve no purpose to me. 

my plan is to apply for no new credit-debating about amex 

no inq's until september+(which ive held strong since my car loan) 

cli spree in september(which is freedom and thats about it)

12.1k avalibale in store credit vs 9k in regular credit, i realize and hope i will never need to charge that much at my age. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 61 of 735
llauren321
Established Member

Happy new year everyone! So excited to join this challenge and start beefing up my credit!

Credit Goals for 2012:

-Get score up to 670ish (higher, if possible, of course!)

-Pay off all credit cards (made big progress last year - down to only $1,400 on a BOA card and $300 on a Chase)

-Get a CLI on at least one card

-Get rid of at least one baddie

-Pay off old charge-off from closed bank account overdraft

Savings Goals for 2012:

-Get up to $1,000 in my emergency fund (I always seem to cap out at around $500 before draining it...)

-Open an IRA and put at least $150/month in it for future 'life stuff'

-Continue building long-terms savings (at $100/month)

Longest term goals:

-In 4 years, I want the credit and cash for a mortgage! Renter, no more!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 62 of 735
Jkusa
Valued Member

I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd start the new year with my first post.

I'm taking the Challenge for 2013!

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 735
javonnj
Valued Member

I decided that it would be best for me to start the challenge from the beginning of the year. 

2012 - I did not make that much progress with my finances, aside from getting a new credit card from Capital One with a small balance due to my currently poor credit situation.

2013 is all about growth and renewal. I do not have that much credit card debt, less than $3,000 to be exact, so I will try to have that all paid off by May. I want to bring my utilization down from 80% to below 5% and I also would like to set myself up to get a rewards credit card this summer. I plan on traveling a lot since I work for a hotel company, and I figured that this would be a smarter and even more cheap way to do things. 

My current scores are in my signature, and after reviewing my reports, I see no realistic reason as to why I should not be able to reach at least 650 on both of my reports by June if not sooner. Paying off a lot of bad debts/collections will help me in this process. It is better that I have decided to do this now at 26, rather than wait and let the problems pile up for the future. 

With my newfound financial freedom, I am looking forward to just gaining 2 credit cards that really are going to benefit me and just gardening. 

Much success and luck to all of you as we begin this journey together. 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 650

Message 64 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time taking the challenge, and I'm really excited about it! Reading through the threads and seeing how other people who are similar situations to me (and some even worse) have been able to make positive changes is inspiring me to improve my overall financial health.

2013 Goals:

1. Salary increase/promotion
  2. Pay down student loans by $5000+
  3. PFD 3 accounts currently in collections
  4. Try to have paid baddies removed via GW letters
  5. Get (and keep) CC utilization under 15%
  6. Open another credit card (possibly secured)
  7. CLI on current CC (and any other account that I open in the next few months)

This is going to be tough because I'm used to buying what I want when I want (mostly concerts & live sporting events), but that is what got me into the position I'm in now and I know that I have to be better! 

Message 65 of 735
keianna914

Trying to get my first home for me and my 9-month old son. Found our dream home in a USDA community and want to go for it. Need a 620 credit score to qualify. Credit recovering from a divorce, BK and defaulted SL which were recently consolidated. Seeing some bump-ups in the scores lately. Wondering how long before 587 gets to 620...

Starting Score: 417
Current Score: 587
Goal Score: 750

Message 66 of 735
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I've been eagerly waiting for the 2013 challenge to begin.  I'm in the process off going thru Naca to purchase a house and although they don't go by credit score I'm still actively working on increasing mines.

i had a foreclosure about 5 years ago.  I also have a 10k Beneficial LAN from 6 years ago that continues to draw interest.  No real issues in the last 3-4 years.  I had high studen loans in default. But they've been paid off.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 67 of 735
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

This is my first Fitness Challenge, pretty eager to get started! Here are my goals for the year:

1. Obtain mortgage by late spring of this year

2. Get FP to delete old charge off (PIF)

3. Get 3 new prime cards

4. Cancel CreditOne, Orchard, and Opensky Secured Credit cards

5. Quit smoking, that would help the finances a ton Smiley Wink

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 68 of 735
2013andBeyond

Hello everyone,

I signed up with Score Watch at the end of November and had already been working on cleaning up my credit with the bureaus.  I had not yet seen my Fico score though which I found to be considerably lower than the others.  I'd like to buy my first home this year and would like to be happy and as stress-free as possible when I do it.  Sooo, I would like to have as high of a score as possible for any other lines or cards that I might need in the near future.

GOALS FOR 2013

• Qualify for the mortage program I want.  Hopefully by April 2013.
  • Save $4K by mid-March (starting with 0).
  • I am also shooting for mid 600 range by around this time.
  • Low 700 range for all by year-end.
  • Save another $5K by year-end.

I wish everyone success in whatever you are striving for and I think it's great that there are sites like this to educate people on the different factors of credit.

Message 69 of 735
kldbv982

Gonna give the Fitness challenge a try this year! I started this rebuilding thing in July. I've always been horrible with money, and my credit. I made it a point to get rid of bad habits and grow up this past year. Started with a 525 EQ and with little hope and no idea how to improve. Thanks to countless hours on this forum, I have managed to raise my scores faster than I expected by doing what I learned here. PTD'd 4 out of 5 collections, opened 3 credit cards, and now just waiting for the other badies to fall off. I am excited about my progress so far, and am looking forward to keeping it going!

My goals this year are:

1. Get my student loans out of default and rehabbed

2. Purchase a car around March or April

3. Clear up all other c/o accounts that are showing their ugly face

Overall, I am just looking to keep building on the success I have had so far, and this forum is a HUGE part of that success. I am pumped for the challenge!

Starting Score: 525 EQ 530 TU 518 EX
Current Score: 610 EQ 640 TU 599 EX
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 70 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.