cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
kyralynn4323

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Well after completing my 2 year goal of buying a house at the end of December 2012. My fico challange is to get my credit scores over 700. My plan to do that is I just opened some new store credit accounts with no interest for 2 years.

Message 101 of 735
Carly

I admit to signing up to take the fitness challenge in 2012 but not following through.  However, starting today--now--I AM going to make a better effort to improve areas of my life, starting with my finances.  I have a son who will be 16 in less than two months and between driving lesson/learner's permit/licensing, this immediately precedes college applications.  No sooner will I be starting Son #1 in college than Son #2 will start driving and the cycle will start all over.  The  most intelligent thing I did in 2012 fiscally was to refinance my house.  Saving $300/month in mortgage expenses will help me immeasurably.  I posted in Sept 2011 about feeling like I was sinking even though I am still swimming as I'm divorced, have not received child support in over two years and haven't seen a raise since 2008.  At that time, I felt I was on the verge of losing it.  The refinancing has given me a new lease.  I am going to diligently try to sell more items on eBay this year and am also going to charge LESS!  Rumor has it that we MAY see a raise this year--one can only hope!  However, if I don' t get one, I will still survive.  I CAN do this...and I WILL!

"Teach your children while they're young--have them save at least half of all monetary gifts/earning so they can learn to appreciate the value of fiscal responsibility."
Message 102 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official myFICO Fitness Challenge Signature

Can't get into the challenge too bad.
Message 103 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the Fico Fitness Challenge, but super excited! My goals for 2013 include: Paying off nearly all my Credit Card debt (almost $10,000) Improve my credit score BUY A HOUSE!
Starting Score: 710
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 104 of 735
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Official myFICO Fitness Challenge Signature

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't get into the challenge too bad.

Moved your post here...you're in now!

Message 105 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to rebuild my credit. Wife and I both lost jobs in '08 and it destroyed our CS's after we filed BK. After researching and finding this site, I've raised my CS almost 100 points. I love my Fico's credit report and the credit simulator. My goal for this year is to reach 750 and myFico has shown me the path to reach it. Looking forward to this year and the possibilities!

Message 106 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it. Mine was in the 500's after BK. I got serious about it last February and did some research. I've raised it almost 100 points. The myFico credit reports are very helpful and they break it down better than anyone. The free credit report helps but not like MF. According to my latest credit report, I have the potential to raise it another 80-100 points. It can be done.

"You can experience the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment. You decide."-Jim Rohn

Message 107 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have struggled with credit for years... my challenge this year will be to pay off my credit cards and learn to keep my spending in check.  This will increase my crdit score.

• I have about $30,000 in credit debit over 8 cards and loans.  I would like to find a way to consolidate this into one or two loans with one interest rate.  I think this will help me pay off this debit.  
  • Once consolidated - learn to spend money correctly (thrifty)

Message 108 of 735
Mddlrthr2
Established Member

My primary goal this year is to pay off accounts that are in collections and then start tackling medical bills and my student loan.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 735 EX, 723 EQ,
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 109 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spent the last 6 months working on decreasing my credit card debt and increasing my credit score. I have made some progress but would like to speed up the process. In 2013 I would like to eliminate the 6K I have remaining in credit card debt and increase my credit score to a 720 or higher. Once the cc debt is eliminated I would like to focus on creating a 6 month living savings and paying off student loans.

Message 110 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.