cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

This is my first year taking this challenge. I barely have credit (or so everyone says), since I'm a full time student with loans and have only one credit card. I do have an auto loan, however, that I am always on time with.

The credit card I have has a limit of $300 (student card). I just recently paid a 90 day overdue balance on it, and just found out the garantor has canceled the card. I'm not too sure how to rectify that. Other than that past due balance, I have one account in collections that I will try and fix before the month is over.

One of my goals for the year are to try and get 2 credit cards - my credit union provides secure cards and I would like to apply for another card. I am 26 years old and am about to start nursing school and living on my own (which requires even more student loans unfortunately), so I would like to save and budget as much as I can as well as build my credit to around 700+.

Message 121 of 735
bobbycredit
Valued Member

Hello,

New member here. My income is where it needs to be, now it's time to get the credit score up to par. It has some bad marks on it (ancient accounts), but was largely unutilized for many years. I begin this challenge with an EX FICO score of: 580. I intend to do whatever is necessary to build this up to 650-700. I will be starting with a secured Capital One credit card ($300 minimum). It's likely I will have a new car loan soon as well.

Good luck, all. To the moon!

Bobby

Message 122 of 735
Theresa59

Very excited about "The Fitness Challenge".  Have read so many positives reviews.  I think it's just what I need to get financially fit this year!!!

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 549
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 123 of 735
Theresa59

The financial difficulties started after my husband got laid off last summer and I'm battling cancer (missing time at work).  We're hopeful the new year since he's now working and doing the fitness challenge may be the boost we need to get back on our feet.  What's the fastest single thing you can do to get your score to go up?

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 549
Goal Score: 700

Message 124 of 735
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

Hey all -- if you're having trouble getting the FICO Fitness Challenge badge to show in your signature file, please send me a PM and include what kind of computer and browser you are using. I'll get it fixed for you, but letting us know your computer & browser will help us get the issue fixed. Thanks!

Message 125 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goals for 2013 are to become debt free and become more financially stable/independent. After the breakup of a relationship, I found out that my ex had made unauthorized charges on my credit cards and left me with serious credit card debt. My creditors were willing to help only on a couple of accounts and others refused help or payment plans. So for the past 6 years, I have not charged to any credit card, and have paid cash for everything. I have only $400 left to pay on the last remaining credit card, so I am hoping that eventually my credit score will increase. It's a little discouraging because even though I have been making payments on time and my balances are going down, my credit score continues to drop instead of going the opposite direction and I don't understand why.
Message 126 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year All,

I am new to the credit challenge, so please bear with me.Woman Indifferent  I have several goals that i want to achieve during 2013

1. pay off all collections  -  and write letters requesting removal from credit record.

2. get CL raised on existing open credit card, only use 30% available credit

3. maintain good payment record for entire year with any open account I have

I am gainfully employed, making a decent wage, but for some reason, I will pay my bills late, forget or anything else determental i can

possibly do to ruin my credit.  I am horrible with and at my age, i cant continue in this manner.  I must make smarter financial decisions.

2013 is my year !!!!!

Message 127 of 735
michell6969
New Visitor

my  credit score 653 im trying to get to 750 please help any ideas.

Message 128 of 735
juggle

Less than 100 points. Have you ran the fico simulator? It will give you your best action to raise your score.

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: Equifax 702
Goal Score: 800

Message 129 of 735
Zekester
Valued Member

Spent time getting my financial house in order, and now I am working on credit. I have a couple of collection accounts on my file, both paid and almost done rehabbing a studen loan. Our last credit card was CO 6 years ago, but I got the CA paid and off the credit report. Now it seems like I just need to focus on keeping bills paid, getting out of student loan rehab and cleaning a few items off my credit report. I would like to be able to have a credit card again and as we build up some savings and credit worthiness, buy a home. I spent my 30s struggling and I would really like to get my family into a home. Thanks for the challenge, I can't wait to see how this year turns out!

Starting Score: 12/19/12 - USAA EXP 564 EQU 564 TU 568 MyFico 612
Current Score: 5/21/13 - USAA EXP 679 EQU 659 TU 677 MyFico EQ 667
Goal Score: 720

Message 130 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.