cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Hello! I am very new to this!

So my goals for 2013 are to:

1)pay off all debts owed or at least settle and make pmts monthly

2) obtain first mortgage

B

Message 221 of 735
BlendedFamilyHome

Hi Everyone!

I am new to these boards but after only lurking for the last few weeks I have learned SOOOOO much!  My primary goal is to buy my first home.  I actually went through the entire process of pre-approval and having a home built only to lose my mortgage because my scores dropped at the last minute.  So my goal is to get back to a 640 mid score before someone puts in an offer on the home that I had built for my family. I am pretty sure that my TU score is over 640 now as CK is reporting it as 631 and they have typically been about 30 points off from my actual FICO. I look forward to building my scores well past that 640 nby the end of the year.

Looking forward to the "700 Club"

Starting Score: 619 TU, 587 EQ
Current Score: Wal-Mart TU 682, MyFICO EQ 655 Lender Pull EX 645
Goal Score: All 700 by 12/31/13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 222 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm also very new to this and not quite sure where to start. Just when I think I am ready to take a step in one direction, I learn something new that makes me rethink everything - I'm sure I am going to have a lot of questions.

My goal for 2013 is just to pay off (hopefully PFD) some baddies on my CR and to keep anything else from hitting my already battered CR. I'd also like to get another line of credit within 6 mos. so that I have two lines of credit. Currently I just have one CC, Sec. Cap One $200 that I have had for about a month. I'd really like to get a mortgage sometime in 2015 - 2016 ( I estimate that it will take me probably 2 years to get an acceptable credit score for a decent interest rate) and I'm working on all of the VA  requirements to get there. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some big improvements in my score in 2013!

Message 223 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new home owner  not my first home, retired  with no job and cant get a house  loan even though my husband and i paid house in full.  I just cked my equifax and fico score and its 698 yeh  !!!!  now I guess i need a job to get a loan for upgrades on the home?????

fico female

Message 224 of 735
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Hello, well after only 6 months of attacking my credit score in 2012, I was able to see an increase of 45 points on Equifax! I went from 678 to 732!!, and this was largely due to..... applying for credit cards! Yes, each time my score would go down a little, but then it would shoot back up! I have really prepared myself to be in a good position to apply for credit, so now I'm reaping the rewards and hoping to keep it increasing and managing my credit wisely. I went from having 1 credit card before joining these boards to now having 7. I don't keep a balance on any of them, but am using them to build my credit and get the rewards!

My goal for 2013 is to see my score over 750 across the board. I'm not sure what it will take, but probably, mostly, gardening! Letting those existing accounts begin to mature and increase my average age of accounts (AAoA) is probably what will help me see gains in my score this year, plus let all those inquiries fall off! Maybe in the middle of this year I can consider app'ing for more cards if there are good deals for rewards / bonuses at that time.

I've appreciated the help on these forums so much, and have referred my family and friends to come join as well because it is so beneficial! Having a supportive,

knowledgeable group of people to learn with and from is helpful! Here's to 2013!

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 225 of 735
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

Our first ever monthly check-in thread is now up! Feel free to pop in and tell us about how you're doing so far!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Take-the-myFICO-Fitness/February-check-in-thread-how-are-you-doing/t...

Message 226 of 735
Unasinous

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to be approved for the Venture card I just applied for. Along with that, I hope to buy a house by early 2014 and/or have a 800 FICO score. I believe the only thing holding me back on scores right now are AAoA and the one inquiry for the aforementioned card I applied for.

In any case, I'm still feeling good about my credit and hope it serves me well in the coming days.

AmEx Platinum: NPSL AmEx SPG: $25,000 CSP: $26,200 Navy Fed CashRewards: $50,000 CapitalOne Venture: $10,000
Message 227 of 735
gc2196

Hi everyone,

I am trying to improve my credit scores, this is why I recently joined this amazing community. My goals for 2013 are to achieve 640 across the board which I intent to do by increasing my revolving line of credit and making every payment on time.

Starting Score: EQ: 620, TU: 608, EX: 575
Current Score: EQ: 635, TU: 612, EX: ?
Goal Score: 640 Across All Three Bureaus

Message 228 of 735
Plumb2eat

Hi all!! I am also new to these forums, and have been lurking around for a few weeks getting some education. And what an education it is! I cannot believe how much I have learned in such a short amount of time.

After a rough couple of years job wise, I am ready to get back on track and tackle this credit mess I got myself into. I am currently working to remove some baddies off both my and my wife's report through GW and hopefully payoff some CO's through PFD in th enext month or so. Hopefully it all works out as planned as we would like to move to a home more suitable for our growing family.

My scores are pretty low right now, about 550 FICO EX, and i am hoping that by removing some of these baddies and getting some new cards, already got a secured Capital One on the way, that I can boost our scores enough to qualify for a mortgage in the next year. This is my ultimate goal, along with getting a handle on credit and really understanding how it all works. As I said above, I have already completely changed the way I view this credit "monster" and am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I really appreciate the valuable information that has been posted and moderated so that we all may benefit. Thank you to everyone so far and I look forward to learning a whole lot more as I go!

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 550
Goal Score: 700

Message 229 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new officially to the boards and the fitness challenge.  I currently have 2 credit cards, 1 fingerhut line and a personal loan. Current FICO is 548 looking to get to 700s

Message 230 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.