cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
NoMoBroke

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Bonne chance to as well ready4challenge!

I actually have only one secured credit card 500CL in addition to my deferred student loans.  

P.S. I'm happy to announce I recieved a 9pt score jump! I got a message from my myFico Scorewatch minutes ago. I think its because of a PFD I negotiated! Not positive yet because I haven't pulled a new report yet.

Starting Score: 552
Current Score: 561
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 381 of 735
Anonymous
Not applicable

test...

Message 382 of 735
makeupho
New Contributor

We have 10 pymts left on a 5 yr BK13 plan.  We own our house (though we're planning on attempting a refi in 2014 or so), but have 2 aging cars (12 yrs old and 9 yrs old).  Thanks to inspirational stories and good advice in these myfico forums, we started on cleanup of our reports about a month ago, called our attorney to make sure applying for credit now wouldn't be a no-no, and I opened a BofA secured Visa and a PayPal Bill Me Later account.  My husband opened a couple of store cards.

Goals for 2013:

*Try to get mortgage lender to report, because arrears was PIF in 2011 thru the plan, but current  (non-arrears) pymts have been on time since early 2009

*Keep on keepin' on with the Ch13 payments

*Utilize our newly opened TLs responsibly to get good reporting

*Just be responsible overall

Good luck to all of you! Smiley Happy

Ch13 filed 3/2009 : discharged 1/2014
Starting 2/16/2013:
EQ673 TU667
Current 6/3/2018: EX816 EQ806 TU820
Goal: 850

Message 383 of 735
pinksoul

Hi Everyone!

Im so excited to take myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Ready to take charge and control of my credit (finally)

Its my first time posting on the boards but Im always peeking on forums and Im sooo thankful for the message boards. I have learned so much!

Sooooo in 2012 I did the Rehab program for my student loans and finally completed it in Jan 2013 what a great way to begin the new year! so I'm PUMPED!

Started with 638 and after my loans were picked up and 4 updated to current on my CR and GW letter to Honda Financial (with the help of these forums) my Score went up 15 points in almost 2 months Smiley Very Happy

My current goals for 2013:

*Increase score to 700

*Reduce CC Utilization to like 10%

*Remove a judgments on my CR (I co signed on a lease Smiley Mad) Going to see an attorney for proper steps on warrant to satisfy judgment and remove for ever!

*Hopefully get a new car by May

Good luck to everyone on the myFICO Fitness challenge journey xo

Message 384 of 735
oneirix

Hi all! I'm brand new to credit and also myFICO. I just got my first credit card a month ago, and decided that I ought to have all possible tools available on hand to help me to understand it and to make smart decisions. Using MyFICO, I found out that my dad sneakily put my student loans under my name and has been paying them off on time for the past 4 years, which I believe has done a lot for me! I'll have to thank him for that. I'm just trying to build perfect credit so that when I'm finally ready to buy a car or a house, I'll have a solid credit base to back me up. Credit is also this scary, mysterious force in my friend group, and I'd like to help my friends understand it as much as possible as well!

My goals for 2013 are simply to use my card responsibly, pay off all debts early and in full, and raise my credit score as much as possible (I'm guessing that 10points per year is what can be expected if I don't take out any other loans). So while my overall goal is 800 across the board, my realistic goal for 2013 is to raise my EQ to 723, my TU to 749 and my EX to 741. 

Good luck to everyone in achieving your credit goals!! Cat Happy

Starting Score: TU 739 EQ 713 EX 731
Current Score: TU 739 EQ 713 EX 731
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 800

Message 385 of 735
YMLDC09
New Contributor

I am IN! Seems like a great crowd as well as a focused one Smiley Happy

My GOALS:

1. PFD 1 account w/Verizon Wireless (Already PIF for Deletion on two minor amounts. Those will hit next month or possibly May Smiley Very Happy).
  2. GW Letters to a PIF account w/ Dept. of ED for late pays in 2011.
  3. Obtain a Secured CC with a minimal depost: $500-$1000.
  4. Pre-Qual for Mortgage by 2014.

Good Luck to everyone this year!

Message 386 of 735
NIKJ
Established Member

Hi after looking over my credit report and learning some things from this forum I will be:

Writing a couple of GW letters. The one I wrote RJM worked last month they replied that they will delete from all CRA. Thanks to you guys

Try to work with Midland on a old account, maybe verizon will pull the account back

Waiti for a few of the baddies to fall off within the year

Fight a judgement thats on my report

Get my credit score up

Continue to pay bills on time & reduce utilization  

Obtain a prime card

Starting Score:
Current Score: Myfico EQ 651 Walmart TU 638 lender pulled EX 639
Goal Score: 700

Message 387 of 735

Hello everyone!  I have just joined the MyFICO message board, and did my first scored credit pull since I lost my job in 2008.  I have been very nervous about looking at my report, and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be - not great, but not bad either.  We would like to purchase a home this year, and were told that there were some items that needed to be "cleaned up" to help us get a better mortgage. 

Right now, myFICO reports my score at 588.  Per CreditKarma, my score is 605.  There are several items that need to be looked at, many of them from late payments when I was laid off in 2008-2009 - that really hurt my credit, and set me back years.  I am now just getting everything paid off; lesson learned, don't go crazy spending on credit cards, you never know what life is going to throw at you!

I have more questions than answers at this point, I was hoping that some of the threadmates would be able to lend some answers.  First, why is there a difference between myFICO scores and Credit Karma?  Is Credit Karma affiliated with TransUnion?  Can I get a judgment removed if I am almost done paying the creditor?  I just filed disputes for Equifax, what happens next?

At this time, my credit scores will not be going towards the purchase of the house, my spouse will have to carry that burden, but I would hope that in the future, we could put the house financial in both of our names, with both of our credits.

Thanks for listening!

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 625

Message 388 of 735
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@KindaCreditWorthy wrote:

I have more questions than answers at this point, I was hoping that some of the threadmates would be able to lend some answers.  First, why is there a difference between myFICO scores and Credit Karma?  Is Credit Karma affiliated with TransUnion?  Can I get a judgment removed if I am almost done paying the creditor?  I just filed disputes for Equifax, what happens next?

MyFICO offers FICO scores. CreditKarma doesn't offer FICO scores. The FAKOs they use are TransRisk scores and VantageScores. No lenders use TransRisk. A tiny number of lenders use Vantage. These scores factor in stuff that FICO does not, and vice versa. The score ranges are different too.

CreditKarma uses TU's data.

Even if paid, the judgment can remain. Some here had success in removing paid judgments by way of contacting the plaintiff's attorney and asking them to file a motion to have it vacated. For more info, definitely read others' success in the Rebuilding Your Credit board.

Message 389 of 735
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Split post to form a new thread within Rebuilding Your Credit

Message 390 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.