cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
catlady13

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

Signed up for credit cards as soon as I turned 18. Maxed them out in no time. Learned my lesson. Lost my job. Lots of late payments and some collections and charge-offs.

Husband has a few collection accounts but no late payments. His credit scores are very similar to mine.

Now we get to fix all of our credit boo-boo's so that we can have a house built!

My first goal is to get our scores up to 620-640 to have the minimum scores to qualify for a mortgage, by paying off some collections and working on updating information on our credit reports.  We are paying on a piece of land through owner financing. We are hoping to pay this down as much as we can in order to utilize the land equity as down payment.

I've already started writing GW letters. So much good information on these forums. Can't wait to see what comes of it Smiley Happy

Starting Scores pulled by lender: Experian: 535 Transunion: 524 Equifax: 553
Current Score: Experian: 535 Transunion: 524 Equifax: 553
Goal Score: 620-640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 461 of 735
Charlie30

Hello, I am new to this Challenge. However I started to take it up by myself in 10/2011. I have a few 90+ and 60+ late payments on credit cards dating back to 2009. After that I entered into a payment plan wiht the banks who closed the account to allow me to pay off. I have now paid it all off as far the credit cards are concerned. I currently have just one visa card with $500 limit and a store card with $1500 and a student loan. My goal is to get 700+ by end of 2013, preferably 720+, if possible. I intend to raise that limit significantly and more importantly get a car loan at a decent rate.

Starting Score: 639 EQ Oct 2011
Beginning Score 2013: 667
Current Score: 681
Goal Score: 700+

Message 462 of 735
Volpes
Regular Contributor

This is the year I will be debt free!

My credit profile isn't in the greatest shape, but it’s not bad. I have years of good payments, no collections, no excessive inquiries - just two "30 day" late payments and high utilization. I scheduled myself to pay off my car loan by my birthday (this September) - I've been making extra payments towards principle for the last two years.

My goal is to finance a new (used) car; I'm sick of being unhappy in my car, and I just want something nice and decent. I'm aiming for a 3%/4% interest rate, and if it takes a 20%/30% down payment so be it, I'm done paying too much interest. I'm not trading in my current car either, it’s a Honda so the private party sell is favorably in my hands.

Another longer term goal is home ownership. This will take me a few more years of saving, because I'm aiming for at least a 20% down payment (avoid PMI, less interest, lower monthly payment).

Message 463 of 735
kirkland500

I just had my credit report run yesterday and was surprised that I had a FICO over 600, considering a student loan that I defaulted on (injured on the job in 2008, surgery in 2010) and credit card accounts that went to collections.  Being a single parent, I also placed my daughter as my priority.  I'm much healthier now, and have been blessed with a new position that's paying a bit more and looking to correct my past credit mistakes and hopefully purchase a home in the next 6 months--my monthly rent was a big factor in falling behind on payments on top of my injury.  I have negatives on my report that I'd like to correct, but not quite sure where or how to start.  I've already begun rehabbing the school loan that I defaulted on by making monthly payments and I'm not as worried about that as I am about the collection agencies.  The amounts aren't too large--$1299 to Capital One Bank, $1057 to Midland, two at $474 each to Portfolio Recovery (which seems a bit sketchy to me because they're for the same account number), $257 to First Premier Bank, and $284 to Medicredit.  I have questions about the pay and delete process, but intimidated and confused.  If anyone can help out, I'd be so thankful.

"http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" border="0">Starting Score: 603
Current Score: 603
Goal Score: 620

Message 464 of 735
recybervic
Established Member

I've been lurking in the background learning so much information cleaning up my credit profile. It's been a long and hard road that put me in the position that I'm in now. Like so many others that were hit with the bubble burst of 08.

My goals are to clean up old collections and charge offs that are still haunting me every month when I pay my auto loan with a high rate. Hoping to learn and find the answers I need to achieve my goal.

Already started and had a few negs removed from my credit report.

Starting Score: EX 592FAKO 600 EQ 579 TU
Current Score: EX 723 EQ 725 TU 710
Goal Score: EX 700 EQ 700 TU 700

Message 465 of 735
Ak19

Hello all!

I began this process in March and I am learning a lot from these boards! My goals are to clean up my credit, get rid of old collections and buy a house.

Starting Score: 526 Eq 528 Ex 574 Tu
Current Score: 599 Eq 591 Ex FAKO 610 Tu
Goal Score: 750

Message 466 of 735
tryingforgoals
Valued Member

I'm new to this whole credit thing. I don't have anything really bad, except high utilization and one 30 day late from November 2012. I'm young, so I don't have a long credit history at all. I have 2 credit cards, Capital One Journey Card ($500) and just got approved for a Discover It Student card ($500, and hasn't even got here yet), making my revolving credit at $1000. My goals are to get a car and/or an apartment by the end of the year. I have seen my EQ score go up 24 points just by paying my Capital One card down by less than 100 dollars (from $453 to $369). The utilization on that card is currently at 18%, trying to pay it off to 10% or less. 

I'm excited to get started and to reach my goals! Smiley Happy

Capital One Secured Card (8/2020):$200 Capital One QuickSilver (1/2022):$900 Chime Credit Builder (9/2020) Capital One SavorOne Student (11/2021): $1,000.00
Starting Score:
TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529 (1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Current Score: TU:626(02/2022)EQ:634(03/2022) EX:635 (03/2022)
Goal Score: TU & EQ: 700+
Message 467 of 735
Kysmet10
Valued Member

Starting the FICO Challenge and int he Garden.  Homeownership here I come!

Tending to my garden for six (6) months October 2013 - April 2014
Message 468 of 735
mdmfoo
Established Member

I am trying to reduce credit card debt so that I can get better interest rates.  I have a FICO score of 720, it was 728 a few weeks ago.  While 720 isn't bad, my income is considered insufficient and I do have high balances on the cards I have.  So, if I can reduce the balances, increase my 720 to 750 or better, then maybe I can get the lower interest rates to refinance some of my higher interest accounts.

Jen

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 702
Goal Score: 760

Message 469 of 735
Charlie30

Hi Jen /mdmfoo,
Try to pay highest interest balances first and /or payoff the ones which has the lowest credit utilisation radio whatever suites. As this could be particularly helpful in improving your score.

Starting Score: 639 EQ Oct 2011
Beginning Score 2013: 667
Current Score: 681
Goal Score: 700+

Message 470 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.