cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

@Theresa59 wrote:

How did you do the clean up?  Please advise.

Thanks!

All fixed!

Message 141 of 735
Nelia64
Established Member

Well its that time of year again and thank goodness I will not have to work too hard this year to reach my 2013 goals.  My utilization has gone up significantly at the end of 2012 due to the purchase of my new home Smiley Very Happy, but I will be paying all of that debt in full by March 2013.  I have no late payments and no collections.  I have two judgements that are paid and will fall off this year and in 2014.  My new credit that I got in 2012 hurt my scores a little bit but I definitely can recover from it this year.  After I pay my debt, I will continue to keep my utilization low (between 10 to 15%) as I have for the past 4 years since rebuilding my credit.  Good luck to all members in achieving your 2013 goals!  As I have learned through this forum, all it takes is discipline a little bit of work and effort to get fit!  FICO FIT!

Starting Score: TU 651, EQ 640, EX 597
Current Score: TU 709, EQ 684, EX 726
Goal Score: TU 760, EQ 730, EX 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 142 of 735
sleastack

Hoping to buy a home in July. Currently 689. I have one bad mark on my credit report a collection approximately one year old. It has been paid off. Hoping 2013 is the year some good things start happening.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 740

Message 143 of 735
AZWino

I'm jumping in as well!

My goal for this year is to own land by my 25th birthday (in June). 

I would also like to increase my score to a 720 or higher.  I plan to pay down my credit cards to less than 10%, and also pay down my student loans - hopefully by $10,000 or more. 

Starting Score: EQ 673 (12/17/12)
Current Score: EQ 679 (4/22/13)
Goal Score: 720

Message 144 of 735
nikarl

My credit stinks right now. I just moved my family to a new city where I hope to settle long term. I want to start putting down roots for my son and that requires me to start looking after our financial security.

My goals for 2013 include:

- Getting the collections on my credit reports resolved

- Getting approved for a credi card with a larger limit

- Establishing a "safety net" fund equivalent to at least 3 months living expenses

- Clean up my banking and account history. I have accounts all over the place and need to consolidate everything to one place

I intend to start doing this by following a modified version of the Dave Ramsey plan!

Starting Score: EQ: 592 TU: 583 EX: 590
Current Score: EQ: 592 TU: 583 EX: 590
Goal Score: 700's Across the Board!

Message 145 of 735
Lthomas356
Valued Member

2012 Wrap Up

• Increased FICO from 601 March 2013 - to 671 December 2012
  • No collections on my CR
  • No late payments or missed payments in 2012
  • Wanted JCP, and Walmart CC.....APPROVED
  • My goal was at least a 670 all accross and I acheived my goal
  • I was sued by Midland, represented myself, won and they were DELETED!!!! YES!!!

2013 Goals

• Increase FICO to 710 and maintain it
  • App for local credit union cc
  • Pay for my wedding in June without compromising my savings acct.
  • Apply for a mortage!!

Starting Score: 671
Current Score: Wal-Mart TU 683 (1/21/13)
Goal Score: 710

Message 146 of 735
LancerEvoIXMR
Established Member

I have been lurking on this site for some time now and have been gathering knowledge on how to correct my score along with my wife's.

2013 Goals
Pay off all collections

Raise credit limit on Cap One tp $1k

Raise credit limit on Wal-Mart to $4k

Keep Utilization below 10%

GW CO's on record

CK Score: 601 Target: 720
Message 147 of 735
Oorah
New Contributor

Plugging away at getting all of my paperwork organized regarding my credit reports.  I made a chart of what is there, bad and good, fall off dates, a few inaccuracies, and all of the names and addresses of the creditors listed on my reports.  I was surprised at the differences between the agencies.

I received the first updates since the end of the year.  My FICO from myfico is now 642, and Walmart has me at a score of 619.  Both are good jumps, but I thought both were Transunion scores.  If they are, I don't understand the difference of 23 points if they are infact both Transunion.

I also started working the 14 steps to 720, and have only received one of the steps so far.   They are supposed to come one step per week.  I am skeptical, but if nothing else it will help me get my financial house in order.

Hope everything is moving along well for everyone else.  Good Luck

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 148 of 735
music2hisears
Contributor

This is my 2nd year of the challenge. Last year I increased my score by 100 points. This year, I'm striving to:

• Hit 700
  • Buy a new home (no more apartment living)
  • Pay down credit card debt
  • Eliminate any leftover collections 

I know I can do this. It is an attainable goal, and I hope to do it by the end of 2013!

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: EQ 672 TU 682 EX 638
Goal Score: 700

Message 149 of 735
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

About Me: I am 29, unemployed (currently waiting on a decision from an interview I had), college student with student loan debt (currently have a Sallie Mae CO that is more than 180+ that I am working on bringing current).  I will be graduating this year and my loans will be coming out of deferrment  next year so I need to be able to manage that.  No one in my family has good credit nor really any money. 

Thanks to Suze Orman and you great folks at MyFico, I understand the importance of having your financial house in order - including credit.  I learned so many wonderful and healthy behaviors that I have been implementing over the last year and I am seeing the results. Now that I am getting older, I want to be able to start a successful business, secure credit for my business, put myself through grad school, have a nice savings nest egg, have extra money at the end of the month to enjoy life a little, and buy a house in a few years.

Although my credit didn't reach the level I hoped, I did not have ANY delinquent accounts added last year (wooohoo! especially since I was unemployed), I got a charge-off removed, and I only had 2 credit inquiries in which I got two very small limit cards.

January 2013 Starting Scores - EQ (576)

Goals for 2013 (many are still from last year)

1.      Obtain Employment!

2.      Cancel my Open Sky cc before the AF comes about (end of Jan) and add that money to my Capital 1 secured card to bring the amount of available credit higher.

3.      Keep util under 6%

4.      Make arrangements on my SM loan so that it's not still reporting 180+

5.      Raise credit scores to 650

6.      PFD 2 accounts (I completed this last year so this year I want to do 2 more)

7.      Save 10% of my money each month for all 12 months

We can do it!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Message 150 of 735
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.