01-01-2013 04:55 PM
Back for round two this year and hope that I have better success than last year. For every forward step I took, it seemed like there were one or two backsteps made. Progress was made, but not what I was hoping for.
Approved for three credit cards, have been using them and paying on time, no lates, no over the limits
I was on an all cash diet for five years, but always kept a car loan with never late payment record. New loan this year approved in 15 minutes
In 2012 my score went from 573, to 684, and then back down to 590, I just shook my head
Denied a Best Buy in store account, which I didn't mind since I don't really shop there
Foreclosure from 2007 successfully won with Dismiss w/Prejudice in 2010 but was refiled in Sept 2012. Hearing later this month and hopefully will be thrown out. Atty has filed motion to dismiss, and other attorneys are co-counsel for academic purposes. Go figure ugh So much for trying to pay and lender not accepting money.
2007 filing was due to note being sold and my payments being mailed all over the country. When I received a good address, payments were sent back stating foreclosure had been started.
Get foreclosure off of my credit report, it is still reporting as if the first suit never happened, and still reporting me late every month
Challenge a Applied Bank credit card that I am sure I paid off through a collection agency back in 2006
DV letter sent to a creditor on my report that I dont recognize.
Watch a JCP account that appeared out of no where on one credit report. Payments were timely, and states acct closed, but I have never had credit with JCP ever.
I also plan to continue working on my stock accounts and savings accounts. Started selling on ebay, and will work on three websites that I purchased to gain extra income. Biggest issue to clear up is the mess with the house. Tried to pay the bank for three years, so I guess they got what they deserved, although I won't feel completely secure living here until this is resolved.
Hopefully, things will not be so discouraging this year, and I won't throw in the towel like I did last year. In reality, things are looking up, I just felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks last year.
01-01-2013 05:00 PM
2012 was such a roller coaster for me! I'm happy 2013 is here!
In 2012, I:
- Opened 7 credit cards for a total of 9
- Paid off 3 credit cards with balances over 4k
- Lost my job
- Got into a car accident that caused a major set back credit wise
- Obtained new job (approx 3 months later after job loss)
- Obtain first auto loan (approx 1 month later after new job)
In 2013, I:
- hope to pay off 2 more credit cards with balances around 2,900 and 1,800k (still avoiding interest til 2014)
- working on a promotion
- avoid credit cards
- want to age my accounts and inquires (currently at 29 inquires)
- and garden like crazy!
01-01-2013 06:09 PM
01-01-2013 06:29 PM
I would like to start the New Year by raising my credit score to a 700 by the next eight or nine months. My goals are to obtain a good credit score and purchase a new home this year..
01-01-2013 07:23 PM
Financial Goals for 2013:
I think financial goals should be balanced and tackle all aspects of fiscal health not just "pay down the debt". They should also address short, medium and long term issues.
Lastly, I want to figure out how to put both FICO Challenge logo and Spade logo on at the same time!
01-01-2013 07:44 PM
My goal is to raise my score from 553-600 because I want to apply for an FHA loan the first of July, my lease ends the end of August. I had a chapter 7 discharged December 2009.I have an auto loan with 6-7 payments left.I have 2 cc maxed out with balances of $1050 AND $600, which I plan to pay down to 20% by February. I have an HH Gregg card with a $2500 limit and a JCP card with a $500 limit both with zero balances.I also have a Walmart card with a $500 limit and a $90 balance.The 553 score is the lowest of the three and I am fighting with equifax because they merged my file with my twin's file and he also has a chapter 7 bk along with collections and judgements which I do not have.I got all 3 scores from Equifax complete advantage plan.
01-01-2013 09:10 PM
This is my first year here on myfico. I have had credit problems in the past, but all baddies are off my reports except for a 120 day late on student loan. That will fall off in May.
1. My first auto loan ever. 29K. This was really a milestone for me, actually my first loan of any kind.
2. Since discovering this website, I have increased my credit limits and applied for some new credit. Credit limits have gone from 16K in September to 24K now.
3. I'm not sure what my scores were like in the beginning of this year, but myfico is 659 as of a few days ago.
Goals for 2013
1. Garden my current crop until at least July. CLI's with softs only.
2. Pay down my credit cards. Currently at about 55% utility. Looking to get this down to under 30% by summer, hopefully sooner.
3. Increase credit score to at least 700 by the end of the year.
4. Get myself in a position to start thinking about a home loan for 2014.
Thank you all. And I hope we all meet our financial goals for this year and all to come.
01-01-2013 09:22 PM
01-01-2013 09:28 PM
Looking forward to the new year. 2012 was the start of my long journey back to rebuilding my credit. I am thankful of all the information I have learn from the threads and look forward to even more success in 2013.