Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you like to see in the FICO Fitness Challenge 2014

tag
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

What would you like to see in the FICO Fitness Challenge 2014

Happy New Year's Everyone,

Thank you Lexie for keeping the threads alive for the past few months.

I just wanted to get a sense from the community if there was something more you would want for the FICO Fitness Challenge this year. We are trying to do more with it, but any feedback from the users would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alberio
Contributor

Re: What would you like to see in the FICO Fitness Challenge 2014

I'd love to see a checklist of "challenges" we could do to improve our credit score throughout the year --> e.g. pay x% of credit debt each month in addition to new charges, send a GW letter to one account (with link to samples), where applicable - negotiate pay for removal (with example of steps for success here), etc.

Also perhaps some guidance about what matters you can control and what items you just need to wait until they come off your report. 

Maybe people can get badges or something when they increase their score by certain percentages/points?

I feel like there is great info on the site, but I feel like right now the credit challenge is just another forum where people share their stories.  It's valuable, but I'd like concrete paths for success and set milestones that are potentially achievable.

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

@Alberio wrote:

I'd love to see a checklist of "challenges" we could do to improve our credit score throughout the year --> e.g. pay x% of credit debt each month in addition to new charges, send a GW letter to one account (with link to samples), where applicable - negotiate pay for removal (with example of steps for success here), etc.

Also perhaps some guidance about what matters you can control and what items you just need to wait until they come off your report. 

Maybe people can get badges or something when they increase their score by certain percentages/points?

I feel like there is great info on the site, but I feel like right now the credit challenge is just another forum where people share their stories.  It's valuable, but I'd like concrete paths for success and set milestones that are potentially achievable.

This is excellent feedback, and we've been discussing the inclusion of badges. Having dynamic paths would also be interesting to see. For the time being, we ask you continue to utilize the Forums and get great advice from other users, but we'll keep you updated on when we make bigger changes.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think badges would be an excellent idea. (Dynamic paths sounds super interesting, too.)

This is such an awesome thing on this forum, and I think it has tremendous potential for being much greater!
Message 4 of 7
starry1
Valued Contributor

More prizes!  In other words, I think badges are an excellent idea.  Two I woud like to see are "debt free" and "savings goal achieved" or something along those lines, even though the debt free onee would be useless to me for 3-4 more years when I pay off my car.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

2014 myFICO Corvettes for the mods maybe?  Just off the top of my head.  Smiley Wink

Excellent ideas guys, I like the badges too, kind of like the spades in the GC threads.  Gives you a goal to work for.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to have a much higher. Get approve for a american express.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.