cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Fitness Challenge 2013 Wrap Up: How Did You Do?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

myFICO Fitness Challenge 2013 Wrap Up: How Did You Do?

Hey Challengers! Congrats to everyone who is wrapping up the myFICO Fitness Challenge for  2013. As we gear up for the 2014 Challenge, we at myFICO thought we’d try something new this year and post a wrap up thread for folks to report their successes.

How did you do this year? Did you reach your financial goals? What successes and milestones did you achieve? Here’s the place to give yourself a much-deserved pat on the back, as well as tell us about any important lessons you may have learned along the way.

Additionally, do you have any advice for new folks who will be taking their first myFICO Fitness Challenge in 2014? If so, you can post your wise words here!

We’ll be posting the new myFICO Fitness Challenge thread on January 1st – and we've got some new features in store for you, including optional monthly check-ins to help keep you on track. So get ready to ramp up, and make 2014 the year you take control of your finances and achieve your credit goals!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: myFICO Fitness Challenge 2013 Wrap Up: How Did You Do?

I am really happy with my progress this year. Although I was less active on here than I was the previous year. (Health)

I was able to pay down much of my revolving debt, lowering my utilization to just around 20%. Let my accounts age, allow some inquiries to drop off. That also allowed for some auto-CLI that I wasn't expecting.

Chase, Citi, Walmart and Amex all gave me auto increases this past year. Very happy to see that.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 11
bhartline2612
Established Member

Hello, 

I have not been posting, but I have been reading lots of good advice here.  My score is still hovering around the 600s.  I tried to apply for a mortgage and my score was not high enough.  They sent me a copy of my report.  I disputed several items where I was an AU and they still have balances.  I also received another CC from Credit One with $1500 limit.  I charged it right up.  But the good news is that I paid down two of my three CCs.  Apple Secured:  $3000 CL, from $2900 to $864; Credit One:  $1500 CL, from $1500 to $285; and Capital One:  $1000 CL, from $955 to $816.  I plan to have the Capital One card paid off by April 2014.  I also sent 7 GW letters in the last three weeks.  I am now waiting, rather impatiently, to see how my scores look.  My goal is to have 700s across the board.  They should be in better shape after all this.  I am not applying for anything other than a mortgage in late Feb or early Mar.  Paying down my debt has really motivated to work on repairing my credit.  Credit One will be paid off Feb 2014 with a $30 monthly charge left.

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks Everyone! myFico forums saved my credit!!! I joined at the end of Sept. 2013 with hopes of raising my scores enough to start applying for mortgage loans spring 2014. Well, I started the application process a few weeks ago 12/12/2013 and I should be hearing back from the broker next week. I still have lots of work to do and I don't plan on stopping the rebuild after I get into my first home. I still haven't joined the 700 club yet, and I am soooo looking forward to it hopefully this year.  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I am happy to report that I've done well.  My CS are just 10 points from my goal score of 760 on two reports (EQ hates me) all while adding $50,000 to my aval credit.  DH, is not too far behind either.  

Congratulations to all that met, achieved or surpassed their goals!

Message 5 of 11
babablue
New Contributor

Happy to announce that I finally met my goals this year

PSECU EX

Walmart TU

Starting Score: MyCreditKeeper - EX:613 EQ:597 TU:640; PSECU EX:629; Walmart TU:631
Current Score: MyFico - EX:666 EQ:675 TU:658 (9/19/13) ; PSECU EX:711 (12/11/13); Walmart TU:696 (12/2/13)
Goal Score: 700+ across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Late reply, my apologies.

I officially flubbed mine: goal score was a 680 across the board, I missed on EQ '04 by 10 points but made it (and then some) on everything else especially '08 FICO's; however, I had a silly (paid a past due tax issue but didn't notify the IRS agent and the lien was filed anyway) in December and it tanked some of my scores by quite a bit.  Was amusing seeing the disparity between EQ '04 and TU '08 in how much it dropped (5 points on EQ, near 40 on the TU score).

Also didn't obtain a mortgage, timing and cash just didn't work out with how the market is moving... now seems like a non-starter home is going to cost in the range of 900K where I live, some re-evaluation needed for 2014 for certain.

Hopefully everyone else made their goals this past year, was a long one Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 11
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

I'm happy to report that I believe I have done well and accomplished a lot during my 2013 credit journey. When I started my journey in November of 2012 my score for all 3 bureaus were around 585 and I lacked the necessary information to improve my credit. My goal became to educate myself concerning credit and to become a member of the 700 Club. It seemed like it would never happen, but because of all the knowledge I have learned on this forum I have achieved that goal with 1 bureau and I'm close to achieving it with the other two as well. As of today my Experian Fico score is 725! To some that may still be low, but for me this is a tremendous accomplishment and I hope to continue my journey and accomplish more goals during 2014. Thank You to everyone on this forum who assists individuals such as myself in accomplishing their credit goals!!!

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 8 of 11
upwithfico
Established Member

I started the 2013 fitness challenge in April with a score of 589. I ended in December with a score of 642!!!! I took a tiny hit this month due to utilization which I plan to correct in February, so my current score beginning the 2014 challenge is 638. My goal this year is 700. I would be ecstatic to get into the 7's again.

Good luck to anyone on the challenge. It worked for me!!

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Gardening...

Message 9 of 11
fbh31118
Valued Member

Unfortunately its taken me awhile to get back hear to update the group but I have good news to report.  I started the challenge with a 627 and I'm pleased to announce that at present it sets at 669.   I'm looking forward to being in the 700's if it goes well this year and can't wait to see how things work out!  Huge Thanks to everyone who contributes to the community!!!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Experian 627 TU 652 Quizzle na DW 634
Current:Equifax: 698TU: 659Experian: 690
Goal Score: 700 +
Why farm half when you can FARMALL.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.