cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 Balance affect on Vantage Model (-150 POINTS!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$0 Balance affect on Vantage Model (-150 POINTS!!!)

So wow! IN SHOCK - On FICO 8 it was a -9 decrease on my score when my card balances reported all zeroes. However, for CK and Vantage score - this happened!

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 9.45.47 PM.png yeah that's right I want to gag!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: $0 Balance affect on Vantage Model (-150 POINTS!!!)

@Anonymous wrote:

So wow! IN SHOCK - On FICO 8 it was a -9 decrease on my score when my card balances reported all zeroes. However, for CK and Vantage score - this happened!

I'm reasonably sure it's just a glitch of some kind, not related to the zero balances. Where's the TU Vantage score?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I don't think VS 3 penalizes you for having all zero balances like FICO does.  It is a very strange symptom.  I can't explain why your VS 3.0 score tumbled so much when your FICO 08 score did not.  The good news is VS 3 scores are not used much (assuming this isn't a CK glitch).

Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Well OP, I am glad you posted this.

I have a similar issue with the Vantage 3.0 scores.  My FICO 8s are EQ 712 TU 706 EXP 710 but my CK Vantage 3.0 score is TU 589 and EQ 580.  All factors are ok except for old Bk 7 (d/c Jan 2009) and heavy debt at the moment 41%.  

I just started paying down large amounts in the last 60 days and now I see if I pay off I will drop my Vantage score another 100 or so points! Just kidding...this is the real reason why I don't look at the vantage score too often. Too high a price to pay for carrying debt even if it is for a limited time (less than one year - to pay a wedding for example).  

My take on your score - get your FICOs and ignore the Vantage score.  Good credit habits will give you good FICO's and maybe the vantage score will adjust when it catches up to real life.  JMO

Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well OP, I am glad you posted this.

I have a similar issue with the Vantage 3.0 scores.  My FICO 8s are EQ 712 TU 706 EXP 710 but my CK Vantage 3.0 score is TU 589 and EQ 580.  All factors are ok except for old Bk 7 (d/c Jan 2009) and heavy debt at the moment 41%.  

I just started paying down large amounts in the last 60 days and now I see if I pay off I will drop my Vantage score another 100 or so points! Just kidding...this is the real reason why I don't look at the vantage score too often. Too high a price to pay for carrying debt even if it is for a limited time (less than one year - to pay a wedding for example).  

My take on your score - get your FICOs and ignore the Vantage score.  Good credit habits will give you good FICO's and maybe the vantage score will adjust when it catches up to real life.  JMO

+1

I would like to add just for good measure that CreditKarma's former scoring system for me used to be fairly close to my actual FICO numbers.

But ever since they went to that silly Vantage Score 3.0 it's so far off my actual FICO scores it's not even funny and why they call it a FAKE score.

With that goofy VS 3.0 score system i think it's meant to shock subscribers really.

I have seen numerous nose dives with it sometimes losing on the order of nearly 90 points just for a new credit card reporting with a <29% balance. Then the next update the stupid thing would fly up the other way by 50 etc, and so on and so forth.

Totally Ignore It.

Focus only on Genuine and authentic trademarked FICO Scores!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.