Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 reported debt

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: $0 reported debt

@vanillabean wrote:

The credit card has now been reported by EQ as zeroed. The score dropped a whopping 29 points to 820.

Man, let one account report zero and all of a sudden you're a deadbeat. LOL!

Thanks for this datapoint, too, vanillabean.

Message 11 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

ABCD and Revelate -- Until now I haven't thought about the Alliant loan, partly because although I cherish a high score I don't like the idea of playing FICO games for the sake of FICO games. Also, I haven't been planning to app for anything. Now that I may have an auto loan in my future, you remind me that the Alliant program might be both a good trial run and a good thing to have on my records to boost my auto FICOs. (I don't know what my auto FICOs are, but I'm sure they must be lower than my FICO8s.)

Thank you. Thank you, also, to whoever discovered the Alliant trick.

Had to look at my old original data, but I did get a boost everywhere except for FICO 04 models for it including AU and Bankcard in addition to baseline FICO 8 and FICO 98, and I didn't have an open auto loan at the time as those were paid... though I do now have some verbiage on my reason codes for no recently reported auto loan for FICO 8 AU, but what can you do.

If you have some time before the auto loan I'd do it personally as it's absurdly cheap and easy to do, but your scores are high enough it probably won't make a huge difference to getting the auto loan financed with their best offer; I'm one who always chases score maximization though that might change once I am above 800 anyway.

The initial breakpoint demonstrating it does factor on the AU industry option scores and if a dealer pulls auto enhanced, it's probably FICO 8 (even if I never did figure out where that was explicitly) is shown in the first post in this awkwardly long thread if you are looking for confirmation datapoints:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Installment-tradeline-utilization-thread/...

If you are going with a CU for financing, may not matter at all vis a vis DCU uses EQ Beacon 5.0 which the SSL doesn't help at all except mix of credit, but since I build files to be pretty regardless of what algorithm is chosen, for those without installment loans, SSL trick FTW.

        
Message 12 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice data points!  Probably one of the reason that so many people who got the secured Alliant SSL hack already had very high FICOs!  Seeing folks with 810 FICO scores getting a secured loan still makes me chuckle.

I have one of my tiny auto-charges fall 4 days before the statement date on the one card I show a small balance on.  I pay it off the day after the statement cuts, pretty smooth sailing except for this past month when I pushed a PIF before statement cut and my FICO dropped 18 points from having no balances.

Well if you are at 810 with no loan and get a secured loan to boost your score to 840, why not?

My TU FICO was around 807 before Alliant, 6 months later is at 838. Will stay in the garden until I see 850.

Message 13 of 17
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Ouch. At $0 debt, TU is at 806. The gone mortgage dropped the score 35 points.

I may want to let a credit card report a balance soon.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are at 806 without a revolving balance reported on any account and without a current open installment loan, I have little doubt at all that you'd hit the ceiling of 850 if you added the a SSL and let a $5 balance report on one card.  Typically the addition of the loan and going from no cards reporting a balance to 1 card reporting a balance would yield someone around 45-55 points, which would put you at 850 with a slight buffer to boot.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are at 806 without a revolving balance reported on any account and without a current open installment loan, I have little doubt at all that you'd hit the ceiling of 850 if you added the a SSL and let a $5 balance report on one card.  Typically the addition of the loan and going from no cards reporting a balance to 1 card reporting a balance would yield someone around 45-55 points, which would put you at 850 with a slight buffer to boot.

Agreed.  Good friend of mine has been at 800 forever and I told him to do both and within a month of both reporting, he was at 848 or something like that.  He's never been over 810 and he's got an AAoA of like 15+ years of perfect payments.  Just no installments, no balances reported ever.

He was stunned by the revelation. 

Message 16 of 17
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@vanillabean wrote:

Ouch. At $0 debt, TU is at 806. The gone mortgage dropped the score 35 points.

I may want to let a credit card report a balance soon.

You better - you better - you bet.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.