Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 card with 0apr

tag
housejunkie81
Valued Member

1 card with 0apr

so i have a discover card with a 13000 limit in which 2200 is used, i also have a slate card with a 4500 limit with 2000 used, would it be advised to move my balance from my discover to my slate card to save on interest, will it effect my credit score cause im maxing out one of my cards, fyi i also have other forms of store and credit cards

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: 1 card with 0apr

@housejunkie81 wrote:

so i have a discover card with a 13000 limit in which 2200 is used, i also have a slate card with a 4500 limit with 2000 used, would it be advised to move my balance from my discover to my slate card to save on interest, will it effect my credit score cause im maxing out one of my cards, fyi i also have other forms of store and credit cards

If you can knock out $400-$500 a month I wouldn't sweat it. What's your interest rate on disco? At 15% you will pay $27.12 the first month ,and down from there. Make 2 to 3x minimum on Slate, and put everything else you can on Discover until it's gone.

tis' the season to pay off xmas (for me too). best of luck

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.