Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 freaking point

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1 freaking point

Hi Wannacredit.  Just bear in mind that adding a new card would affect three other factors, all of which are associated with lowering one's credit score:

(1)  Number of inquiries

(2)  Average age of accounts (AAoA)

(3)  Age of youngest account

Although it's possible that the new card could also affect factors that increase the score, the OP should not be surprised if the action caused a net lowering.

A simpler strategy is for the OP to pay down CC debt, which is certain to give the OP the extra few points if the OP pays down enough of it.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1 freaking point

@Anonymous wrote:

So we're working to get my credit score over a 620 so we can qualify for a mortgage, and I think I am going to be sick. We started out in the high 590's. I had several collection accounts that I delt with by going back to the OC and paying off directly. I managed to get Comcast, Tmobile, Sprint, and Dish network to delete the collections on my report that way. Remaining was an old verizon account (paid off) and another power company bill had paid off.

Transunion fico 4 score went up to a 643. Equifax fico 5 score is a 608, and the experian fico 2 score is a 6 freaking 19. 1 point off.

My credit utilization is 22%, all other accounts have been paid on time. No other negatives. I cleaned up my act and have been responsible paying on my student loans and other bills for a few years now. I dont know what else I can do to get that score up 1 more point. 

I think im going to be sick.

Britknee, how did you get comcast to delete after you made payment? They won't delete my record from my reports. They promised me after I pay the final bill which I did they will remove from my report and now they come back saying that they sent the collections agency as comcast does not show up on my report that it is satisfied and to put pay only. All they offer me is a letter saying zero balance. I even addressed it wtih the eo and they even called me twice to repeat the same. I feel dissapointed. Please let me know if possible how did they comply to deleting the record after payment if possible. Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.