cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 point score drop on EQ (I am ashamed that I am posting this)

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

1 point score drop on EQ (I am ashamed that I am posting this)

The following changes happend on my EQ CR and it show a 1 point drop.

one CC went from $ 5017 to $4894 on 10k CL
one CC  went from $0 to $54 on 3100 CL

I dont see anything else.

No new INQs, lates or accounts closed.  My total percent util is still 13%

Am I being too picky, paranoid, or just plain stupid.  My TU score is very close to 760  and EQ too close to 720  so a few points could make a difference

They only thing I can think of is that 2 CCs report a balance instead of 1.  Th overall util is less though,

And get this, the # of INQs stayed the same but it went from "NOT SO GOOD" to "GOOD".  None of the INQs are a year old either.

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-01-2008 05:26 AM

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-01-2008 05:31 AM

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-01-2008 06:09 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 1 point score drop on EQ (I am ashamed that I am posting this)

Maybe a 5-point gain for dipping under 50% on the one card, but a 6-point ding for two cards reporting?

That's lots of fun with the inqs, too... They're both still there? One didn't fall off early?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

The 3 INQs are all still on my report.  I didnt think about the score going both up and down.

We will see at the end of the month  when the Sams card shows a 0 balance and the National City card shows 3400 out of 10k.

Could FICO really want only one CCC card to show a balance.  I  used my Gas card last month but it is PIF now and the statement is due on the 5th so II guess it will report a 0 balance.

As a side note I call True Credit today and asked why my BofA shows as derog when it has a 0 balance and hasnt been late for over 2 years,

The CSR told me that it would show that way until the lates fall of.  She also mentioned that I should call BofA since the account is still open to see if I could start using it agan since it would fall off my CR if not used.  The account should hve been closed when I entered DMP.

I smiled to myself since knowing BofA the way I do, there was no way that I would ever make that call since they would close the account on the spot thus lowering my score.  For now I have up to 10 more years of it being on my CR.

I guess I have learned something here.  Still a long way to go,

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-01-2008 06:08 AM
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Depending on your score bucket, you could very well be penalized for having more than one card report. I do best with only one card with a balance, because until 2 weeks ago, I had very few total tradelines, and since the mortgages/ loans always show a balance, one extra card reporting could make more than half of my TL's show a balance --ding! TU was even crazier: they wanted 0 cards with balances, because TU liked less than half (not just half) of the TL's with balances.

That's a big reason why I got four more cards, so that I could get a bit of a cushion. But since one is a BT card and will report a balance for a year, I still don't have a lot of wiggle room --just a bit more than before.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

It was over 4 months ago that I used the Gas card until last week so I wont need to use it again for a few months and by then the Visa card should be PIF so it wont be an issue.

The Sams card I can use and pay anytime at Walmart or Sams.  It was a bad bit of luck I used it right around the statement drop date.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.