cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 digit report confirmation number ????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 digit report confirmation number ????

I just ran a Score Power Report that I received with the SW product.  I want to call Equifax to start a dispute, but I need the 10 digit report confirmation number and an Equifax phone number, both of which are supposed to be provided in the report.

I don't see either.  Any help where they are provided in this report?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 10 digit report confirmation number ????

The confirmation number they are referencing is only available on the report directly from EQ. You can order that report for free if you ever have been turned down for credit on EQ within the past 60 days or you can order from annualcreditreport.com.

It seems like you should have been able to do so via the phone. I believe you can do it in writing without ordering the report; just include all the info they are asking for (SSN, name, etc.).
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they charge 20 dollars and even give a dispute button a nice color but dont give you the information to actually go throught the dispute process. Unbeleivable! GUys must be hanging out with the collection agents, bit of a scam. Would not have waste my money had i known i would still need to contact equifax directly. 

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So they charge 20 dollars and even give a dispute button a nice color but dont give you the information to actually go throught the dispute process. Unbeleivable! GUys must be hanging out with the collection agents, bit of a scam. Would not have waste my money had i known i would still need to contact equifax directly. 

Some on here have disputed with their FICO report. IIRC, it gives an opportunity to print your report in a dispute letter-like format. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gee, some? THat makes it ok to misrepresent then now doesnt it. It does not say next to the button that you do not have the information to contineue without directly contacting the equifax which takes a considerable amount of time. So yes, to say you can dispute your claim using your equfax button is WRONG as a ten digit code is not givine by you guys only directly by EQUIFAX. Understand yet?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Gee, some? THat makes it ok to misrepresent then now doesnt it. It does not say next to the button that you do not have the information to contineue without directly contacting the equifax which takes a considerable amount of time. So yes, to say you can dispute your claim using your equfax button is WRONG as a ten digit code is not givine by you guys only directly by EQUIFAX. Understand yet?

"Some" as in some who have pulled an EQ (or TU) FICO report. Not everyone who pulls a report from here initiates a dispute or even needs to initiate a dispute.

But everyone who wants to use their FICO report to dispute either EQ and/or TU can certainly do so directly with that CRA. For EQ, you don't need the 10-digit number to dispute.

Now if you're looking for the 10-digit number, the only place you can get it from is equifax.com or annualcreditreport.com. There are no 3rd-party services anywhere that offer that 10-digit number. Lenders won't even provide it for you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.