Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+10 pts with utilization increase??!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

+10 pts with utilization increase??!

I'm a bit confused, I had around 4% for utilization, and last week I forgot to pay one of my balances before the statement closed, it was around 1k on a 3k limit card. I pay it it full and sometimes a leave a small amount in there to report. Well Transunion and Experian went up by 10 pts with the balance increase alert, EQ didn't change.

Im confused on why score went up with the balance increase.. I'm no expert so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: +10 pts with utilization increase??!

Hmm...following

Did you have any credit inquiries due to fall off?

Did you hit a threshold% on 1 individual installment account reporting balance?

Did your most newest few cards age over 12 months?

Any derogs age off or get deleted?

Message 2 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It could be that this particular UTI is your 'sweet' spot. I wouldn't think so but each report is different so it is possible.
Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a bit confused, I had around 4% for utilization, and last week I forgot to pay one of my balances before the statement closed, it was around 1k on a 3k limit card. I pay it it full and sometimes a leave a small amount in there to report. Well Transunion and Experian went up by 10 pts with the balance increase alert, EQ didn't change.

Im confused on why score went up with the balance increase.. I'm no expert so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

thank you

It's very confusing, but the MyFICO alerts don't provide reasons for a score change.
There are certain events, such as a balance change, which trigger MyFICO alerts.
If there happens to be any difference between your present score at that particular bureau,
and the previous score reported to you from that bureau, the score change is tacked on to the alert.
There is not necessarily any connection at all between the score change and the alert substance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, not that I think it matters relative to your question and your score increase, but you said your aggregate utilization was 4%.  Then you let a single card report 34% utilization.  When that happened, what did your aggregate utilization rise to?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.