tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: 100 Apps in a day

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

My fico 08 scores are all over 800 and I've always been concerned about how a hp makes my score go down. This is fairly common on these boards, but I've always wondered if I fill out 100 apps in a day...how much would my score actually drop? Does anyone know anyone who has tried it? I really am kind of tempted just to find out.

Perhaps, you can honor us by being the first to try it and report back with results so that we can disect and analyzing this very important thesis.  Thank you in advance for taking up this very important cause.

My disire to obtain the knowledge of the effects of doing something this blatently stupid is exceeded by my sense of self preservation!!! Sorry!

Exactly the response I expected.  So my question to you is, why even asked this question in the first place if you consider it stupid.  You asked in your post " has anyone tried it"?  So if someone had responded and said yes, I did it. What would have been your response?

I am curious to know.

Everythin

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

My fico 08 scores are all over 800 and I've always been concerned about how a hp makes my score go down. This is fairly common on these boards, but I've always wondered if I fill out 100 apps in a day...how much would my score actually drop? Does anyone know anyone who has tried it? I really am kind of tempted just to find out.

Perhaps, you can honor us by being the first to try it and report back with results so that we can disect and analyzing this very important thesis.  Thank you in advance for taking up this very important cause.

My disire to obtain the knowledge of the effects of doing something this blatently stupid is exceeded by my sense of self preservation!!! Sorry!

Exactly the response I expected.  So my question to you is, why even asked this question in the first place if you consider it stupid.  You asked in your post " has anyone tried it"?  So if someone had responded and said yes, I did it. What would have been your response?

I am curious to know.

Not everything in life has to have serious purpose. I stated in a previous post what prompted the question. Sometimes you just have a crazy idea and wonder if anyone has done this. Sometimes it is just for fun. Somebody did post a less extreme version of this...read below.
TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 31 of 69
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

I am curious to know.

Not everything in life has to have serious purpose. I stated in a previous post what prompted the question. Sometimes you just have a crazy idea and wonder if anyone has done this. Sometimes it is just for fun. Somebody did post a less extreme version of this...read below.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 32 of 69
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure about in a day, but I did 97 apps in 2 months between 3 bureaus, 39 EX, 33 TU and 25 EQ. My denial letters has been "EXCESSIVE in bold/caps INQUIRIES from different creditors"... Actually the last 10 has been that denial reason Smiley Happy

Everyone here is correct, it has diminishing effect, I think I lost about 20 points total with EX, 23 with TU and maybe 19 with EQ. But it's so hard to gauge because my credit keeps "trying" to improve but then I hit it with inquiries or new accounts... then I dont know again which one hurts my score Smiley Happy

My most drop was when I paid off all cards, but also added another 3-4 inquiries and 2 new accounts.... I dropped another 19-24 points between EX and EQ. Again not sure if that's from inquiries....

Anyway, I just froze all my report so I can stop my madness with apping. This is trully CAN be addictive!

I wanted to add a response. Out of all these post responses, yours is the only one that has given real experience info of what the actual effects on credit scores a huge amount of hp's might have....and it appears...not that huge. Maybe I, and many others, worry about that hp a bit too much. I am not in the camp that acts like a hp will surely be the end of life as I know it, but it appears I have given it too much concern still the same. I know I was shocked when my 5 recent hp's did not cause a major plummet in my score. Thank you for responding.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 33 of 69
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

And to think I got excited thinking you really were going to try this. It is always fun to watch someone ELSE experimenting with their credit score.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 34 of 69
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:
And to think I got excited thinking you really were going to try this. It is always fun to watch someone ELSE experimenting with their credit score.

I am way to cowardly to actually DO that.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 35 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure about in a day, but I did 97 apps in 2 months between 3 bureaus, 39 EX, 33 TU and 25 EQ. My denial letters has been "EXCESSIVE in bold/caps INQUIRIES from different creditors"... Actually the last 10 has been that denial reason Smiley Happy

Everyone here is correct, it has diminishing effect, I think I lost about 20 points total with EX, 23 with TU and maybe 19 with EQ. But it's so hard to gauge because my credit keeps "trying" to improve but then I hit it with inquiries or new accounts... then I dont know again which one hurts my score Smiley Happy

My most drop was when I paid off all cards, but also added another 3-4 inquiries and 2 new accounts.... I dropped another 19-24 points between EX and EQ. Again not sure if that's from inquiries....

Anyway, I just froze all my report so I can stop my madness with apping. This is trully CAN be addictive!

I wanted to add a response. Out of all these post responses, yours is the only one that has given real experience info of what the actual effects on credit scores a huge amount of hp's might have....and it appears...not that huge. Maybe I, and many others, worry about that hp a bit too much. I am not in the camp that acts like a hp will surely be the end of life as I know it, but it appears I have given it too much concern still the same. I know I was shocked when my 5 recent hp's did not cause a major plummet in my score. Thank you for responding.

Haha - well another downside on this is that, there's a huge possibility you get AA or CLD because of so many inquiries... I have read quite a few of those. Synch called me when I applied for Ebates and told me that I have so many inquiries and asked me why..." I said hey I got all these offers and I like all the rewards that I can get so I signed up for all of it... bad thing is that, some of these creditors lied because even though they said I was pre-approved... they denied me after seeing my inquiries" anyway, long story short, I gave them a pretty good details of why I have these so many inquiries, at the end of my "RECON" SYNCH still says "Hell No, you ain't getting another one of our card" hehehe... so I'm left with 3 of their cards...the rep also said that it's better if I try to cool off because any other apps they get will be automatically declined with no possible parole! hahaha lol I meant Recon Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha - well another downside on this is that, there's a huge possibility you get AA or CLD because of so many inquiries... I have read quite a few of those. Synch called me when I applied for Ebates and told me that I have so many inquiries and asked me why..." I said hey I got all these offers and I like all the rewards that I can get so I signed up for all of it... bad thing is that, some of these creditors lied because even though they said I was pre-approved... they denied me after seeing my inquiries" anyway, long story short, I gave them a pretty good details of why I have these so many inquiries, at the end of my "RECON" SYNCH still says "Hell No, you ain't getting another one of our card" hehehe... so I'm left with 3 of their cards...the rep also said that it's better if I try to cool off because any other apps they get will be automatically declined with no possible parole! hahaha lol I meant Recon Smiley Happy

@mc08816

So out of the 97 applications done within the 2 month period, how many accounts did you get approved?

Message 37 of 69
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Great Question that is exactly what I would love to know!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 38 of 69
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mc08816

So out of the 97 applications done within the 2 month period, how many accounts did you get approved?

I agree with the other poster....this is an outstanding question.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 39 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mc08816

I agree with the other poster....this is an outstanding question.

I think we can use his info and disect it.  Looking forward to the answer.

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.