Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Senior Contributor

Re: 100 Apps in a day

My personal opinion only , but yes I feel that Comenity is poison so to speak . They let ppl open all these accts with SCT and then the AA the hell out of you can one day close all your accts down for "too many new accts" this happened to my sister in her early part of rebuilding , it was not right at all and set her back on her rebuild .
Valued Contributor

Aduke1122 wrote:
My personal opinion only , but yes I feel that Comenity is poison so to speak . They let ppl open all these accts with SCT and then the AA the hell out of you can one day close all your accts down for "too many new accts" this happened to my sister in her early part of rebuilding , it was not right at all and set her back on her rebuild .

I have been trying to reach 850 on and off for a while, and once reached 825. The only reason stated for why it was not 850 was there was a non-prime lender on my report. It turned out to be American Honda for Goldwing purchase which I refinanced at my CU before the first payment. I know for a fact now that the reputation/quality of lender can adversly affect scores.

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017

Senior Contributor

Oh wow , I never realized this could affect your scores from reaching a certain tier . Thanks for sharing and letting me know this .
Valued Contributor

Aduke1122 wrote:
Oh wow , I never realized this could affect your scores from reaching a certain tier . Thanks for sharing and letting me know this .

Yes, I did not either until I clicked on the items that were hurting my score...it was showing on just a couple of the scoring models, can not remember which ones. I also would have never dreamed that fico considered American Honda a sub-prime lender. Must be Harley Davidson fans.

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017

Super Contributor

sarge12 wrote:

My fico 08 scores are all over 800 and I've always been concerned about how a hp makes my score go down. This is fairly common on these boards, but I've always wondered if I fill out 100 apps in a day...how much would my score actually drop? Does anyone know anyone who has tried it? I really am kind of tempted just to find out.

Terminology seems to be wandering in the thread ( no surprise )

100 applications in a day will result in some mix of EX, EQ, and TU pulls of one, two or Capital One All Three bureaus. It would not result in 100 HP on a single bureau, which I percieve to be OP initial question. Getting to 100 HP on a single bureau would take more than 100 credit applications, since different banks would have to be included.

Several of the responses have lumped all three bureaus to a total count. well that's 30 INQ per bureau, which is a much more common occurrence than 100 INQ on a single bureau.

And even in those cases where 30 INQ are seen, the effect of the INQ starts to be less. A single factor in FICO scoring does not send you to 350. In order to get to 350 you have to have a comprehensive, accross the board set of challenges on your credit, to hit all the right factors. Otherwise, you only drop to 500 and are disappointed you didn't get down to 350.

I'm in the opinion that the larger impact is from the new accounts beginning to show up, as well as AA from the various herd of creditors.

There's also the factor that opening up a lot of credit cards exposes your personal information for multiple possibilities of fraud or data breaches. If I have a credit account at every possible retailer across the nation, and one or more of those retailers has a data breach, my data is out with the breach.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727 FICO Simulator 2014: $20k balances = 812 FICO.
March 2017 $20k on $300k 6% util EQ 824 TU 824 EX 815

9 / 24 counting down to 1 Nov 2017

[ Edited ]

sarge12 wrote:

Aduke1122 wrote:

Yes, I did not either until I clicked on the items that were hurting my score...it was showing on just a couple of the scoring models, can not remember which ones. I also would have never dreamed that fico considered American Honda a sub-prime lender. Must be Harley Davidson fans.

I can sort of see it, dealer / captive financing was at one point considered lender of last resort much like other CFA accounts.  Not sure why these days though given the market, was this a motorcycle purchase instead of a car?  Wonder if that reports somewhat differently?

Are you certain it's this account though?  Also how have you reached the conclusion this is what's keeping you from an 850?  Just because it shows up as a negative, doesn't mean it's a non-trivial penalty.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 688, TU 4 758, EX 2 703, EQ 8 728, TU 8 762, EX 8 739 (6/12/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Revelate wrote:

sarge12 wrote:

Aduke1122 wrote:

I can sort of see it, dealer / captive financing was at one point considered lender of last resort much like other CFA accounts.  Not sure why these days though given the market, was this a motorcycle purchase instead of a car?  Wonder if that reports somewhat differently?

Are you certain it's this account though?  Also how have you reached the conclusion this is what's keeping you from an 850?  Just because it shows up as a negative, doesn't mean it's a non-trivial penalty.

I doubt that was accounting for the whole 25 points, but it was the only thing that was showing up. It was identified as sub-prime...google search confirmed that American Honda finances those with low scores. Google search also gave me evidence that sub-prime lenders such as finance companies can damage your credit score. American Honda Financial appears to be a finance company. It is all speculative, but when that was the only thing negative that is stated...have to give it weight.

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017

Valued Contributor

Ask Ron1 or Credit Addict they are the experts lol.  Would love to see someone else try!  Shame to waste a perfectly good 800 profile 

CO-Venture-23k, CO Venture One -46k, BC Ring 7.5k, BC Cash Fwd 4.5k, BC Arrival+ 5k, JC Penny 7k, AKUSA FCU -10k , Comenity Blue Nile 7k, Cabelas WFB 8k, Discover 8k, Kohls-3k, CHASE Amazon Prime VS 500, BofA AK Air Siggy 7.8k, Synchrony Cathay Pacific Visa 6k, PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 17k PFCU AX Travel Rewards 20.5 NFCU Go Rewards 24k , NFCU Cash Rewards 31.5k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $3250, Target 1k, Macy's 3k, VS, 1150, BLIS PAY 5k, Pay Pal 1k, Virgin America 10k, 250k total available credit. Utiliz-5% Current FICO EQ-692, EX 708 TU 705 Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Valued Contributor

morgacj2004 wrote:

Ask Ron1 or Credit Addict they are the experts lol.  Would love to see someone else try!  Shame to waste a perfectly good 800 profile 

You did notice the last post on this was over 8 months ago...right???

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.