Super Contributor
concorduser

11 point drop due to new auto loan

I checked my TU and it dropped 11 points as my new auto loan posted to CR. Fico says most of the fico users paydown 35% of the loan balance. I am going to pay down the loan by 40% and see if my score goes back up again.  I really did not needed this loan, I added it so I can have an installment loan shows on my CR. Let us see what happens to score next month once I pay off 40% of the loan balance.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: 11 point drop due to new auto loan

Maybe it affected your average account age.
Super Contributor
concorduser

I think installment loan does not affect the age. In the fico report said loan to balance on installment loan is high, high fico scorers keep the balance lessthan 35% or some thing. I'll pay it down by 40% and let us see what happens to the scores when the next statment is cut.
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Concord, I am pretty sure that installment, as well as, revolving affect avg. age.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}