Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 point jump in experien fico: up to 715 highest in many years

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

11 point jump in experien fico: up to 715 highest in many years

Did a bunch of stuff this year but my score seems to have rebounded:  bought a new car, moved and had lots of HP's, got a new card, closed 2 cards, now 3 years since last late payment (60 days in 2013), lots of bads still from 2010.  2017:  refi a $108K home equity loan (?) and closely look at that new Sapphire Reserve card in January when I'm eligible (and my CSP turns 2).  Will see if my spending and travel warrant the new card or upgrade my AMEX senior gold to platinum.  At 55 it's kind of late to get this rebound.  I did so much wrong in my younger days but at least it's pretty good now except for the huge debt.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: 11 point jump in experien fico: up to 715 highest in many years

@Anonymous wrote:

Did a bunch of stuff this year but my score seems to have rebounded:  bought a new car, moved and had lots of HP's, got a new card, closed 2 cards, now 3 years since last late payment (60 days in 2013), lots of bads still from 2010.  2017:  refi a $108K home equity loan (?) and closely look at that new Sapphire Reserve card in January when I'm eligible (and my CSP turns 2).  Will see if my spending and travel warrant the new card or upgrade my AMEX senior gold to platinum.  At 55 it's kind of late to get this rebound.  I did so much wrong in my younger days but at least it's pretty good now except for the huge debt.  

It is never too late to get a rebound.  What is the saying, live and learn?  It looks like you have a much better handle on your credit situation.  It shows one can make mistakes, correct those errors, and get on with their lives.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like fun....
moving up in the 700's to the excellent credit range! This will keep you math skills sharp.and BTW..55 is nothing...YOU ARE JUST A KID
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 52 and only now about to buy my first house. I'm glad credit reports don't go back 30 years or mine would be littered with an embarrassment of missteps. My experian just jumped to 670 and others are 657 so I am like ONLY THREE MORE POINTS AND THEY'LL ALL BE GOOD!!!
Message 4 of 5
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Congrats great work I know the feels no if Accomplishment when you hit the 700 club on one then the rest will follow and before you know it mid 700's and when most of those remaining baddies fall off in 2017 scores will be even higher.Keep up the great work !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.