cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

113 point jump in less than 5 weeks !! You guys rock !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 113 point jump in less than 5 weeks !! You guys rock !!

New Accounts:

Circuit City   2000
WAMU  1500
Zales 1500
Hooters 1000
Chase 1000(my primary and favorite)
JCPenney   600
WalMart 600
BOA  500
Best Buy 400
BP 325
Crap One 300
QVC  300
Juniper Itunes  250
Target 200

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh, quite a stable you have going there! Smiley Happy

Treat all of them well, and you'll be 700 across the board in no time!

Good job!
Message 12 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

Plainsneech wrote:
...so I went on an app spree in Jan'08 (26 in about 7 days).

Holy.....!

Well that's one way to get it done.  Congrats!

I really don't mean to rain on your parade, but have all of those new accounts started reporting yet?  If not, don't exhale until they do, and even then you might not want to get too comfortable with some of them.  Most of the time I see sprees like this on other boards, there is a followup post about a month later detailing more than a few closures once all the new creditors get wind of each other.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

I don't see how Plainsneech didn't take a hit. Maybe there was a long avg. history already.

I took a 50 point hit with 7 new CCs taking avg. age from 4 yrs to 2 yrs. Maybe the Law of Diminishing Returns came into play here.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They have all starting reporting. I have a few store cards etc.. I won't be hurt if I get any closures. A few points off my score wont break my heart either. I'll just wait for any CLIs and aging off at this point. My goal is a 15 year mortgage at a half decent rate. Will app for that Jan 09. After that my affair with FICO is at an end. I really don't care much after that

It is a good idea to wait at least that long to let all those inqs fall off. You may want to wait until Feb just to make sure they have gone away.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!  I just found Lonnster's DV ltr (retyped into Word so that I can send them out to all of my CAs) and I have to say is FRIGGIN WOW!!!!!!!  I think it's safe to say that the rate of inadequate responses was overwhelming! 

Question 1:  Can I send the DV ltrs to the CA's WHILE in current disputes with all 3 CRA's or should i wait out the 30 days or so until I get the first round of responses back?

This makes me very very VERY hopeful!

Congrats and I hope you continue to be kind to your credit!!!!

SerenityBound

Message 15 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the HUGE score jump. Nice move. You rock Plainsneech!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.