Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

119 Point Hit on Equifax Credit Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

119 Point Hit on Equifax Credit Inquiry

Hello, 

I applied for a new card yesterday (Amazon Prime Rewards from Chase). This morning I noticed a 3 point hit on my Experien score - that seemed normal. A bit later this morning a saw a 119 point hit on the inquiry from Eqifax! This was way higher than what I expected and I can't seem to find any information on the internet about why my score would have dropped so harshly on a single inquiry. Additionally, I have not made any credit inquiries in at least 2 years, my last one would have been an auto loan in early 2015.

Prior to this my FICO 8 scores were 759/755/760. All of the above information is from my MyFICO.com Ultimate 3B subscription. 

Can anyone here help me understand this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: 119 Point Hit on Equifax Credit Inquiry

If it's from MyFico then the score drop was probably from a non-triggering event. The inquiry was just the trigger to update the score. I'd look over the report if possible to see what caused the drop.
Message 2 of 3
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: 119 Point Hit on Equifax Credit Inquiry

With that kind of hit, sounds like something negative just reported on your Eq report.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.