Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 point drop on TU score in 15 days...

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

12 point drop on TU score in 15 days...

Pulled my TU score on August 4th via myFico and score dropped 12 points since July 20th. Checked the information reported on July 20th report to the August 4th report and here's the summary: utilization is 0%, no collections, no public records, no bankruptcy, no lates, no inquiries....no differences between the 2 reports. However, score dropped from 703 to 691. I would appreciate an explanation of how 2 reports can be identical but within 15 days the credit score can drop 12 points. Unbelievable.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 12 point drop on TU score in 15 days...

Did any of the positive or negative factors change on pages 2 & 3? Do you have any baddies with a new dates (DOLA, date assigned, reported date)?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Assuming the reports themselves were totally identical, it looks like to me the new score was based on scoring you under a different scoring algorithm from the first report.  This is what is commonly called "re-bucketing."

FICO uses approx 12 diffrenent algorithms.  Reaching 700 pts indicates that you have probably moved into a  better scoring neighborhood, and are now being compared with consumers with higher credit ratings.

Message 3 of 4
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

None of the information has changed after comparing the reports. The information is identical and I do not have any "baddies" in either of the reports. My guess is that I am being "re-bucketed" based on my length of credit history compared to FICO high achievers a.k.a. "in the 700 club". My credit history only goes back 10 years and 6 months....and the average is 12 years (from what I gather after reading some posts in the forum). I'll just have to wait another 1-1/2 years to be "re-bucketed" in the length of credit history group.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.