cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14-20 point 3B drop from reporting 0% util.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

14-20 point 3B drop from reporting 0% util.

Just a data point here for anyone interested.  I've been reporting 2-4% aggregate utilization for the last several months, but today pulled my scores with aggregate utilization at 0% and of course all of my scores dropped.  EX was down 20 points, TU down 18 points, EQ down 14 points.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Utilization % and rounding? Single account and aggregate?

Hi there OP,

I have removed your cross post on this from the credit card forum, please refrain from cross posting the same topics in the future it can lead to confusion by the members and its not inline with our TOS, I thank you for your understanding on this.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't understand this as in this section I was providing a data point on scoring where in the credit card forum I was asking a question about 1 of 5 CREDIT CARDS reporting a balance and it's relation to utilization.  It is what it is.  I'm starting to find that there are a bunch of things that don't make sense with respect to the mods on these forums.  I apologize for any "confusion" I may have caused by posting about credit cards in the credit cards section.

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I don't understand this as in this section I was providing a data point on scoring where in the credit card forum I was asking a question about 1 of 5 CREDIT CARDS reporting a balance and it's relation to utilization.  It is what it is.  I'm starting to find that there are a bunch of things that don't make sense with respect to the mods on these forums.  I apologize for any "confusion" I may have caused by posting about credit cards in the credit cards section.

Actually, I posted in the wrong thread that you created. You created a UFS post in the CC section that I removed stating you hadnt gotten any response in this forum that is the post to which I was referring.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I created a credit card related post in the credit card forum where I probably should have posted it originally because I posted it in a section that yielded no response... and my post was deleted from the section that likely would have yielded the best response.  Seems like a lose-lose, to me.

Message 5 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, I created a credit card related post in the credit card forum where I probably should have posted it originally because I posted it in a section that yielded no response... and my post was deleted from the section that likely would have yielded the best response.  Seems like a lose-lose, to me.

Historically (read last 9 years) posts regarding the FICO algorithm and scoring have gone here.

The information has to be organized somehow.  I agree that there's a much higher population in credit cards; however, the one free for all forum is an absolute nightmare to read... if nothing else look how we've pulled out approvals and applications from CC's to try to make it more manageable and those occurred within my tenure as a moderator.  

The moderators got it right on this one, posting something knowing it is supposed to be somewhere else isn't righteous.

        
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, but a scoring question related to credit cards could very well be posted in the credit card section.

There's a freaking label/tag in the CC section when you post that lets you select "FICO scoring changes" so if mods don't want FICO scoring change related posts about credit cards in a credit card forum perhaps eliminating "FICO scoring changes" from the options when posting would be a wise move, don't you think?

Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, but a scoring question related to credit cards could very well be posted in the credit card section.

There's a freaking label/tag in the CC section when you post that lets you select "FICO scoring changes" so if mods don't want FICO scoring change related posts about credit cards in a credit card forum perhaps eliminating "FICO scoring changes" from the options when posting would be a wise move, don't you think?

That's a function of the forum implementation, and perhaps Lithium will move more towards labels (which aren't that useful currently from my perspective) in which case you're correct we might be able to consolidate some of the forums again and let people filter manually... assuming that the tags were posted correctly, which would be a volunteer moderator nightmare to keep straight so it's unlikely to ever happen.

The fact is the forum needs organization, doesn't take long to look at other forums about credit or similar to realize that given our volume of posts a single forum would fail badly.  As a result it's split, and if the split doesn't make 100% sense to you, that's unfortunate, but it is necessary and by and large it's worked fairly effectively even if it does mean this particular sub forum is less well travelled than others.

        
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The need for a split makes perfect sense to me, that's not the issue.  The only thing that is unfortunate, from my perspective, is when posts that seem 100% relevant to a forum as defined by both the forum title and available labels get removed.  I can look through that forum right now and quickly see 3-4 posts that are less relevant than mine was yet they remain.  It all simply feels over officiated to me, and for no good reason.  In the end it's just a lose-lose as I don't get the answer to a question and others aren't able to learn anything now or in the future from the existence of the thread that was removed.  From my standpoint, it just seems counterproductive, that's all.

Message 9 of 13
LavishSpending
Valued Member

Re: 14-20 point 3B drop from reporting 0% util.

Similar result. I just dropped 12-20 points going from 1-9% to 0% utilization. All else essentially the same.
current limit and opened as of 12/20 - $104.25K cc TCL
AMEX BCP $26K 7/17 | AMEX BBP $19.5K 10/17 | AMEX Amazon Business Prime $12K 12/20
Cap1 QS $9.5K 7/17 | Chase FU $15.5K 8/17 | Amazon Prime Visa Sig $9.5K 10/17
PayPal Cashback MC $6K 12/20 | Barclaycard Rewards $5.5K 9/16 | Cap1 QS1 $750 9/16 (closed)
BB Visa $750 (closed) 8/16 | Cap1 Platinum Sec $750 (keeping oldest) 1/12 | First Progress Platinum Sec $300 6/14 (closed)
PNC $25K LOC | Payoff $25K loan - paying these down and keeping cards near $0
FICO 8 772 12/20 | 742 09/17 | 617 09/16 | ~540 in prior years
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.