Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 point EQ score drop on 2nd inq after new account

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

15 point EQ score drop on 2nd inq after new account

I opened a National City Visa account (inq went to TU) and EQ score went from 710 to 712.  I then did a Bill Me Latter for a new computer which showed a new inq on my EQ report.  There was one from Verizon for a cell phone from last May.  My EQ score went from 712 to 697.

My TU score went from 718 to 721 and my EX score went from 729 to 731.

My TU and EQ both have 2 inqs this year all diffrent) and all 3 CRAs show the new account yet EQ was affected more then the others.

They only other thing is that CC accounts are now at 0 but becuase they were in the DMP, one shows closed now but the other wasn't closed since there is a small credit on it.

Since all 3 CRAs show the same 2 accounts as being at 0 and in the same state can I assume the drop on my EQ account was cause by the inq combined with the new account?  Or does EQ look at closed accounts more then the other CRA's

Also is the fact that the 2nd inq on my EQ is for a different account then what was opened matter?

Did the closing of the CC account cause a drop in my EQ score but not the others?

I have another CC balance that will be at 0 that hasnt posted yet which will drop the CC usage from > 50% to 0 so that should help make up for it when it does report.

As a side not I got no notice from Score Watch on the drop.  The last notice I got from them was on 12/21 and they informed me of the new account and the score was at 712.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.