cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Bureaus staying that same after 1 increased???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Bureaus staying that same after 1 increased???

Do you have the 3B Ultimate? That should be $29.95 a month for all 3 CRA reports and scores. The FICO 8 scores are updated regularly but all your other scores will be based upon your last credit report pulled. If you paid an additional $9.95 (or $39.90) you will be entitled to monthly report updates and THEN your scores will also be updated.

TO view you mortgage scores first go to your dashboard and look below your FICO 8 scores for the link that says "View additional FICO Score versions used in mortgage, auto and bankcard decisions" - click on it. This will bring you to the page that has all the other FICO scores available to us. You will see each one for the 3 CRA. Remember if you look at your mortgage score for a particular CRA (say EQ FICO 5) when you click on Trans Union the number will revert to FICO 8. You must click again on the mortgage score (TU FICO 4). Once you see the score in the highlighted circle, below that will be the date of the report this score was used to generated.

Hope this helps.

Y

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Thanks for responding !!! Yea I have the Fico Ultimate 3B+. The thing I am not quite understanding is how one of the scores jumped to the 666 back in October and then in November they all 3 stayed the same instead of the other two kind of catching up. Thanks!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

kstar220

That is a really difficult question to answer. The easiest answer is that the two CRA generated scores (the ones that didn’t change) did not get the update that the one that did change got. For example, let’s say, TU and EQ did not report a change to one of your cards on its reporting date; however, the other (EX) did. In the case of TU & EQ, let’s say, your DTU remained at 6%; however, with EX it dropped to 2%. This would mean that your EX score would go up while the EQ and TU would remain the same.

This is a simple example, and as we all know, nothing with CRAs and FICO is straightforward. The above example is static and the possible variables (in reality) are countless. Possibly, all three CRAs reported the change mentioned, but the other two CRAs see something that the one that changed did not. In that case you should expect a decrease in that score once things are caught up. It is much more complicated.

The best bet you have (assuming you bought the $9.95 monthly addition to your 3B package) is to pull another report when you can. Compare all your accounts to each other on the various CRA reports. You should spot the difference and assuming it is wrong, the best (and easiest) thing you can do is contact the lender directly. Ask them why they reported AAA with this balance when you actually have a YYY balance. They may not (and probably won’t) change it for you now; but at least you can follow it and wait for the next scheduled report date to see if it has been fixed. If not, go the dispute route; but be prepared to wait for that fix.

Y

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction:  I said, "For example, let’s say, TU and EQ did not report a change to one of your cards on its reporting date; however, the other (EX) did." That is a misleading statement for I should have said, For example, let's say, TU and EQ did not GET a reported change to one of your cards...."

Sorry

Y

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey! Thanks for responding !!! Yea I have the Fico Ultimate 3B+. The thing I am not quite understanding is how one of the scores jumped to the 666 back in October and then in November they all 3 stayed the same instead of the other two kind of catching up. Thanks!

@kstar, I have subscribed to Ultimate 3B for 18 months and there have been two occasions where my Experian changed and the other two did not. The first time it was 46 days without a change on EQ & TU and the other time it was approaching 40 days. When it happened the first time, I asked MF customer service why the scores weren't changing and they say they sometimes get stuck and need to be refreshed. They sent me a 'one use' option to pull the reports and bingo the scores changed. I did the same thing the second time and the scores refreshed.

It may be worth a try for you to contact them. It's very frustrating to pay over $350 a year for a service and have to monitor it so closely when the updates should happen automatically.

Congrats on taking the steps toward your new home!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

As suggested above, an update may have not landed on all of the CRAs and due to different information two of the scores stayed static while the other increased 30 points or so.

Another possibility is that the OP has accounts that are on some reports but not on others.  Different accounts, different data, different scoring possibilities.

What I would do is look at your report from the bureau that jumped up 30 points both before/after the score increase.  You should be able to see what changed if you look long enough/hard enough.  Once you identify what it is, look at your other 2 reports for the same thing.  Chances are it's not there.  There are some exceptions, or things that could cause a score change that aren't visible, such as crossing an AAoA threshold, baddies crossing thresholds, etc.  But, IMO, those types of things wouldn't result in a 30 point scoring change, generally speaking.  The most obvious culprit would be a utilization change to be honest.

Message 16 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, as I mentioned in a followup, I am wondering whether they have changed the terms of the subscription so that you get a report every month (rather than the old 90 days).”  Well CreditGuyInDixie, I guess that is where we separated tough patterns. Ultimate 3B DOES give reports ever month if you paid an additional $9.95 for the service. So you CAN have the Ultimate 3B and have the mortgage scores updated every month.

SouthJamaica you may not be able to see the advantage. If you click on the link CreditGuy provided above and then click on “Get access now” below the $29.95 link, a separate popup will appear asking if you want monthly reports for an additional $9.95. This is where CreditGuyInDixie and I tracked differently. I have that service and thus I knew the Ultimate 3B does give out monthly mortgage scores. It appears he was unaware of that. Screen Shot attached. As always, anyone can buy a new report at any time for about $48 (they usually give a 20% discount).

3B Ultimate.jpg

Wow, that's fascinating.
I did it, and it gave me the option of upgrading to monthly for $19.95 a month additional.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That's why the forums are here. For each of us to help the other and in some cases we save some moneySmiley Happy

Y

Message 18 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thus the limitation of getting your mortgage scores every 90 days was if the person purchases the Ultimate 3B product.  Naturally a person could purchase additional reports (at $60 each) and get new updated scores for each additional report.

It's still a chunk of change, but if you subscribe, additional reports are 20% off the full price.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, whenever I see the cost of these monthly memberships I just enjoy $1 CCT trials that much more.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.