Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions: Chase limit combine and a store card not posting to credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Questions: Chase limit combine and a store card not posting to credit reports

About 7 months ago I got a Newegg Store card to get my credit rating up. I was accepted with a credit limit of $4200 but it never posted to any of my credit reports. I have made purchases on it and let statements be printed with balances but it was never reported to my credit report. I called CIT Bank, the company that the card is through and they shifted the blame to credit report companies and told me to go talk to the credit report companies about it. This doesn't make sense to me but I just want to make sure that it's a problem on CIT bank's part before I call back. I looked online and the card does apparently report to most people's credit report. This is important to me since I'll be applying for a rewards card I want as quickly as possible since apparently people under 21 can't handle credit cards.

Anyways, now on to Chase. My first question is how does credit card combining affect your credit score? Since you're removing a card and keeping the overall limit the same, wouldn't that help my Average Age of Accounts? 

Now for the hard question. I have Chase card and my father has a Washington Mutual credit card which is now through Chase. I want to combine the two cards. I am an authorized user of his credit card and he is an authorized user of mine and we share the same address. Is it possible to combine cards even though the cards are in different names? I'm not sure if this question in particular fits this forum but I don't want to make a new thred for just one question.

Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by Wills188 on 05-25-2009 04:30 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.