Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 days late on Capital one Credit card

tag
blooro
New Contributor

2 days late on Capital one Credit card

2 days late, just paid it in full, will this hit my credit score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 days late on Capital one Credit card

No. But they will probably charge you a late fee.
Message 2 of 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

blooro wrote:

Shouldn't affect your credit score, since it's less than 30 days.  If you have a good history of on-time payments, maybe you could call Cap One and ask if they would waive any late fees and finance charges.  I've done this successfully a couple times over the past several years.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blooro wrote:

1.  No, this will not be reported as late on your CR.

2.  You probably will have to pay a late fee.

3.  This will be recorded "internally" against your CapOne account and may be a cited reason for CLI denial in the future.  This happened to me when I had a bank billpay credit to CapOne 1 day late. 6 months later when I had asked for a CLI, they declined and cited that I had a late pay, which ended up being the Nov 08 payment which posted 1 day late.  I immediately enrolled in the CapOne autodraft for minimum payment just in case there was ever such a case in the future that a payment failed to get to them or post on time, that CapOne would initiate at least the minumum payment so I had no internal record lates nor reported lates.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.