Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 inquiries equal 1?

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

2 inquiries equal 1?

Does anybody know if its true if you apply for credit IE Loc or Credit card from the same lender in a 30 day period it is considered one inquiry. I noticed this on my fico reports that have pulled seven days apart.

Thanks John

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 inquiries equal 1?

@dodgeball wrote:

Does anybody know if its true if you apply for credit IE Loc or Credit card from the same lender in a 30 day period it is considered one inquiry. I noticed this on my fico reports that have pulled seven days apart.

Thanks John

As I understand it, that's not in the algorithm unless they'd be rolled up otherwise (mortgage or auto loan related within the 30 or 45 day period depending on version).

Sometimes lenders will remove one, and sometimes inquiries just disappear for various reasons though typically come back.  AFAIK, if it was a LOC and a CC, those will count as discrete inquiries for scoring even if they're on the same day under any and all circumstances if it's on the report.  

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.