Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 lenders get 2 different scores in same 24 hour period

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 lenders get 2 different scores in same 24 hour period

I am working with two different mortgage lenders. On Apr 3 one used Universal Credit Services to run my FICO scores, and on Apr 2 the other used RELS Instant Merge Credit Report to run my scores.

They got dramatically different results from TransUnion 588 vs 604.

Anybody have a take on that?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 2 lenders get 2 different scores in same 24 hour period

There are two different versions of TU in use: TU98 and TU04. A bit more than half the nation's lenders are now using TU04.

My guess is that the two lenders used the two different versions.

btw, the TU score you get here is TU98. They're working to get the newer version on board, now that the 50% (of lenders using) mark has been passed.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 2 lenders get 2 different scores in same 24 hour period

There are two different versions of TU in use: TU98 and TU04. A bit more than half the nation's lenders are now using TU04.

My guess is that the two lenders used the two different versions.

btw, the TU score you get here is TU98. They're working to get the newer version on board, now that the 50% (of lenders using) mark has been passed.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.