Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 out of 3 NO FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 out of 3 NO FICO scores?

I just joined today and when I tried to get my FICO scores, I was only able to get one from Equifax. Both of the others - Experian and TransUnion - said I didn't have enough information to have a score??? No wonder I can't get a loan! I declared bankruptcy back in February of '07 and everything was cleared off. Two items show up as having been charged off to bankruptcy, two car loans show up as paid in full, and then I have two liens from back taxes. Despite that, my score was (I thought surprisingly) fairly decent at 625 from Equifax. How in the world do I get new credit started if two bureaus don't have enough information on me to report credit scores? I'm 44 years old, for heaven's sake! I used to own a home! Now I'm getting married and sure could use the credit, especially as we'd like to buy a house in the next couple of years. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

D. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 out of 3 NO FICO scores?

I'd start by making sure that the minimum requirements for a score have been met:

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/questions/requirement-for-fico-score.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, unfortunately I have neither of the first two and I'm not dead. Essentially I am starting from scratch again and you have to have credit to get credit. I don't even qualify for a secured credit card!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

boardwalkgal wrote:
Yes, unfortunately I have neither of the first two and I'm not dead. Essentially I am starting from scratch again and you have to have credit to get credit. I don't even qualify for a secured credit card!

I'd start by rebuilding your credit. If you look in the Rebuilding Your Credit board, there are plenty of people who will get you on the right track.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.