Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 score increases this week? OK.

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

2 score increases this week? OK.

Got a Fico alert yesterday that my score jumped from 682 to 701, but there were no changes to my report.

Got another alert this morning, it jumped a whole 2 pts when a balance deceased $150 to zero.

So was my initial jump due to the update to Fico 8?
Or would it be due to my 3 CC's hitting 1 year in March?
Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 score increases this week? OK.

I'm not an expert in this area, however I would say that the change to the 08 scoring model is very possible.  I was switched to the 08 model about a week ago and had a 35 point increase.   You should have received a notification (alert and e-mail, in my case) when changed to the 08 model, so if you did not receive such a notification, perhaps something else caused the spike.  Either way, congreatulations!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 score increases this week? OK.

You'll get told when you get upgraded; both inside SW and I got an email too.

Regarding the anniversaries: those really should've already been factored in from SW assuming you've been using the service and been getting alerts.

There seems to be a hiccup or two with the conversions I'm thinking from some of the statements people have made (large drop and then a return to previous score with no real changes on the report) but beyond that I'm not certain.  FICO '08 does seem to have more granular scoring than FICO '04 when it comes to number of tradelines with a balance reporting... sounds about right on those 2 points if you stepped over one of the step-function boundaries.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.