cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year old collection deleted, score doesn't change?!?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 year old collection deleted, score doesn't change?!?!?

I just got Tu to delete a bogus (and obviously unpaid) $109 collection from my credit report.  My score didn't change at all.  It was 700 before the deletion, and 700 after.  What gives?  A two year old collection wasn't having any impact on my report??

The thing is too that I disputed this item less than 3 weeks ago.  I thought that the collection agencies had 30 days respond to anything that the bureaus threw at them?  Why was it deleted so quickly?  I would also like to point out that this collection was 'verified' on my EX report, so I can't understand why TU would delete it within 3 weeks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 year old collection deleted, score doesn't change?!?!?

also, this isn't something that they just removed while investigating.  I got a letter from TU saying that the investigation was over and that they deleted the item.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Investigations can..."take UP to 30 days"....all definitely don't take that long...so was the item due to fall off...since it was not deleted through a dispute???
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was not due to fall off until 2012. 

i don't understand why these clowns would confirm it to one credit bureau but not the other?  It's only been a couple weeks since I disputed and I got a letter from TU on Saturday saying it was deleted from their report.

I don't get it.

And also, my score didn't move at all!
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Maddog, it takes time to wander its way through the CRAs.
I can bet that the drop of the CA will put happy feet in your score, but it may take one to two months to report and score.
Have faith in the faithless!
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got Tu to delete a bogus (and obviously unpaid) $109 collection from my credit report. My score didn't change at all. It was 700 before the deletion, and 700 after. What gives? A two year old collection wasn't having any impact on my report??

The thing is too that I disputed this item less than 3 weeks ago. I thought that the collection agencies had 30 days respond to anything that the bureaus threw at them? Why was it deleted so quickly? I would also like to point out that this collection was 'verified' on my EX report, so I can't understand why TU would delete it within 3 weeks.

Do you still have another collection to go? The dramatic changes happen when the last one goes. Although I agree, I would have thought you'd get a little something even if it wasn't the last one, since it was so recent. You might also have had something else going on that dropped your score a bit (increased util, extra account with a balance, or something) and the two canceled one another out.

Congrats on the deleted collection going so quickly! On DH's medical collection, EQ took 28 days and TU took the full 30. I guess someone at TU had an extra cup of coffee one morning.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.