cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20+ Point Drop on Equifax and Transunion! Thoughts?

tag
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Re: 20+ Point Drop on Equifax and Transunion! Thoughts?

CAPTOOL, totally understood but what I'm saying is, it's nice to know your FICO'S can still hit 700's with a loan. I'm only in the 630's right now and still have quite a bit of old derogs to take care of, along with a satisfied civil judgement, released state tax lien & an outstanding IRS tax lien that's pretty big I'm working on satisfying. Congrats to you!👌
2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shann0n_marie wrote:
CAPTOOL, totally understood but what I'm saying is, it's nice to know your FICO'S can still hit 700's with a loan. I'm only in the 630's right now and still have quite a bit of old derogs to take care of, along with a satisfied civil judgement, released state tax lien & an outstanding IRS tax lien that's pretty big I'm working on satisfying. Congrats to you!👌

My scores are propped up by my Amex that's backdated 35 years. Without it, I'd be in the high 600's.

Message 12 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

@skimmie48 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have an extra $15 run a fresh TU report and see what happens. This is what happens with mine:

How does that even happen?

I think it's because when MyFico does an alert based update they are pulling an old report that includes my tax lien that vanished from TU in early March. When I buy a new one or pull it directly from TU, it's clean. It was also clean when pulled by the two CC companies I got cards from last month.

That's weird. There must be a serious disconnect between the reports you pull from MyFICO and the reports on which are based. I can't imagine how this could happen.

Message 13 of 14
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I've seen it time and time again on this forum. If you have an entirely clean report except for 1 major derogatory, when that 1 derogatory falls off, you can gain 70 to 90 points.

The last derogatory on a report is worth the most points.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.